How to flash IPAB on H5.2TC?

Hey guys,

My Zgemma H5.2TC just arrived, so plugged in cable and sat and used some accessories like a 2 way splitter etc.

I want to flash the IPAB latest image on there but have no clue how since this is my first time doing this myself. Can anybody help me set this up? Once flashed with IPAB, I'll need to configure the line ID's and add the vermin and sly lines too.

Thanks

Got to IPAB, to get the correct image for your box,[ it will come in a zip folder] open it and put the correct folder [ Zgemma ] onto a usb stick, switch on box at the back, put usb stick into the front of the box, switch the box a back on,you should see the words BOOT and within 2 seconds it should say FLH, once it if finished, it will say boot, switch the box back off, remove the usb stick, then switch the box back on, should load your new image..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've got an annoying problem. Box has been flashed, scanned channels. Went to network settings, device and the network test, they're all successful except the IP address one. Seems to be a router issue or something. Tried different ethernet cable, tried restaritng router and no success. Line is in (CCam vermin sub). Seems to be something in router settings?

Ok sorted this issue but now have ANOTHER issue...

Frequency one, I connected with several Birmingham ones (I live in West Bromwich, Birmingham). Channels work but not all channels VM work. Sky PL don't work and several others. But some work fine. Tried other net ID's like wolverhampton, some aren't even on there like WEst Bromwich.

@ste - Is this due to the "cheap" splitter I'm using (the one u sent me on ebay is yet to arrive).?

It's possible the splitter isn't helping but there has also been nationwide issues today.

If your closer to Dudley, 40973 is the net id... could you not get it from another genuine box from a neighbour / friend / relative who lives close by?

It's possible the splitter isn't helping but there has also been nationwide issues today.

If your closer to Dudley, 40973 is the net id... could you not get it from another genuine box from a neighbour / friend / relative who lives close by?

Could I get what from a relative who lives close by?

I ordered the splitter you suggested off ebay, comes friday i think. Is it partly an issue with splitter or could it also be those coax cables I ordered which u suggested are possibly mass produced?

Regarding the nation issues, that's annoying that day I get the box this happens lol...is this just a one of thing or..?

Some channels work as I said, some don't. None of international channels work. Some sky movies work, some sky sports work some don't.

Get your correct NET ID.

Could be both - changing both to good quality stuff will help for sure.

Unknown.

I can't find the coax cables you mentioned. I could only find like 50 meter or 100 meter ones. Anywhere I can find smaller ones below 10?? Please link as can' t find anywhere :/

Is there a reason you chose ipab?
As there is limited support for it on here ;)

I checked reviews and seems Wooshbuild was more for "newbies/beginner friendly" and IPAB seemed the "winner". Also, guy I got my line off suggested IPAB. But the problems I'm facing now have nothing to do with IPAB right?

Did you manage to get the NET ID from another genuine VM box locally? ... this is the most reliable way.

Also, I know you've said you changed the NET ID to some others and it made no difference - where did you change this, was it in tuner setup or in the bouquets plugin?

Did you manage to get the NET ID from another genuine VM box locally? ... this is the most reliable way.

Also, I know you've said you changed the NET ID to some others and it made no difference - where did you change this, was it in tuner setup or in the bouquets plugin?

No I don't know anyone in my area that uses VM box. I changed in both tuner setup AND bouquets plugin - I'm using Wolverhampton ID atm and channels that didn't work, work - but sometimes choppy. But there are still other channels that don't work at all...

Thanks, so this is better than the coax cables I bought from Amazon? I'll have to buy two it seems.

Yes, much better - buy as many as you want and as long as you want.

No I don't know anyone in my area that uses VM box. I changed in both tuner setup AND bouquets plugin - I'm using Wolverhampton ID atm and channels that didn't work, work - but sometimes choppy. But there are still other channels that don't work at all...

That's a shame - I notice there's about 8 NET ID's for that general area... have you checked all 8 and re-scanned after trying each one?

At this stage, may just be better replacing cables and splitter first and going from there then if you still have issues, the cables / splitter can't be blamed.

Please can you stick to this thread with your issues and not clog my Wooshbuild Setup guide thread.

Thanks.

Yes, much better - buy as many as you want and as long as you want.

That's a shame - I notice there's about 8 NET ID's for that general area... have you checked all 8 and re-scanned after trying each one?

At this stage, may just be better replacing cables and splitter first and going from there then if you still have issues, the cables / splitter can't be blamed.

Please can you stick to this thread with your issues and not clog my Wooshbuild Setup guide thread.

Thanks.

Yeah my bad, will stick to this. Will wait for splitter and cables to arrive I guess. What were the 8 ID areas?
1. Birmingham 750
2. Birmingham TDE
3. Wolverhampton
4. Wolverhampton
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

Thanks

Birmingham TW/C&W - 41011
Birmingham TDN Trial - 41022
Birmingham Trial - 40993