how to flash Zgemma H9s

billyk

Hi Everyone,

I have zgemma H9S 4k and I am looking to flash this.

> which flash will I use?
>originally I had openATV on it but it now dosen't work > keep getting black screen every time. I have rebooted box restarted router everything still no joy.

I would appreciate if someone is able to assist this with me,

many thanks

Download image from Here

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop. 2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, 3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, for example openatv-6.4-zgemmah9s-20201106_usb.zip
(ENSURE YOU DOWNLOAD CORRECT IMAGES FOR YOUR H9 MODEL TYPE)
you will see another folder named ‘h9’ and also two files named ‘bootargs’ and ‘fastbootfastboot’, these are the image files.
Copy the entire ‘h9’ folder and other two files
directly to the root of your USB stick.

Flashing the Receiver.
1) Power off the receiver
2) Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver
3) Insert the USB stick containing the ima
4) Power the receiver on whilst holding down the REAR RESET BUTTON
5) Once the front Air Digital display logo start
is now being flashed.
6) If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
7) Remove USB stick that contains the images files.
The flashing process should take approximately two to four minutes to complete, while the receiver is being flashed,
it is important that you DO NOT power the receiver down for any reason as this can cause serious and or permanent
damage.

Last edited:

How to flash Zgemma H9x/H9.2x Series​

Download latest firmware. If “noforce” file is present in the h9 folder please make sure to rename it to “force
3.jpg

1. Use FAT32 formatted USB stick
  2. Send the h9 folder and 2 files (“bootargs.bin” and “fastboot.bin”) to the clean USB memory stick and then take it out of your PC properly expelled first
  3. Switch off your Zgemma H9 at the back, using the white power button
  4. Insert the USB stick into the back USB port of your H9
  5. Press and hold the small, black RESET button at the back, then
  6. Press the white POWER button, while holding the RESET button
  7. Let go of the RESET button once you see the LED flashing (changing colour between white and red)
  8. Wait for the box to load after the installation.

Hi all, thanks for helping out. I have been trying what you all suggested to reflash my zgemma H9.2s but nothing happening when I insert the usb and hold the reset button at the back the front logo just white no flashing no matter how long I hold the reset button for. What else can I do please? Thanks for your help

You hold the reset button at the front Then push in the white button at the back of the receiver until the air digital logo changes from red to white then let go of the reset button Failing that
Try a different u.s.b formated to 32

You hold the reset button at the front Then push in the white button at the back of the receiver until the air digital logo changes from red to white then let go of the reset button Failing that
Try a different u.s.b formated to 32
Thank you for reply, but my h9.2s box doesn't have reset button at the front only at the back which is black and white power button also at the back! When I just turn the box on without pressing reset button its showing ATV 7.0 and blue circle spinning but nothing else happens.

Is the box still functional? You can just flash online using quick menu
Not functioning though I can set it on my network but unable to connect to it via webif and when I open it on my network is asking for password which I don't know. So frustrating.

Not functioning though I can set it on my network but unable to connect to it via webif and when I open it on my network is asking for password which I don't know. So frustrating.
Try login with Putty

Enter IP
Select Telnet
Click Open
At the prompt type root hit enter
Now type passwd hit enter
type your new password hit enter
at prompt type password again hit enter.

Is the box still functional? You can just flash online using quick menu

Try login with Putty

Enter IP
Select Telnet
Click Open
At the prompt type root hit enter
Now type passwd hit enter
type your new password hit enter
at prompt type password again hit enter.
I'm using MAC laptop and have tried that on terminal but it keeps saying command not found and when I type in IP address saying same thing. Sorry for troubling you.

No, just using terminal on it's own as I've been told you don't need to install putty if you have terminal on your MAC. But I can install it if you think I definitely need ut

No, just using terminal on it's own as I've been told you don't need to install putty if you have terminal on your MAC. But I can install it if you think I definitely need ut
I don't think terminal will let you reset the password, which is why you can't progress

Ah, I see, thank you soo much. I'm going to install putty now and it seems like it's going to be a very long job but I'll give a crack. I'll let you know how I get on. Really appreciate your time.

Ah, I see, thank you soo much. I'm going to install putty now and it seems like it's going to be a very long job but I'll give a crack. I'll let you know how I get on. Really appreciate your time.
Its not a big job, install putty on the Mac then follow @urie advice in post #11

Its not a big job, install putty on the Mac then follow @urie advice in post #11
I just look for putty on app store and is not there. They're SSH &Telnet client but no putty and I've been searching Google and from advised is that I need to install Xcode 1st then some other commands then that will allow me to install putty. But now app store wouldn't let me install xcode because my Mac is Catalina 10 and I need to have version 11 and above some that's what I'm doing now. Sorry long statement

Back