How to get cheap netflix turkey

Got signed up but the gift card thing I don't get, so you get charged for the gift card obviously but then does the cost of the gift card come off the cost of the sub
You buy the gift card, say you buy 100TL gift card, you then turn vpn to turkey, go to netflix and pay with gift card. Netflix works out how many days that gift card covers and extends the sub accordingly.

You buy the gift card, say you buy 100TL gift card, you then turn vpn to turkey, go to netflix and pay with gift card. Netflix works out how many days that gift card covers and extends the sub accordingly.
Correct

yea been doing it for a year or so, there is another thread about it in the cheaper with VPN forum, aswell as people discussing paying with cards
I've been buying 200TL cards. You can top up the credit as much as you like, Netflix then calculates how long that credit will last. So, for example, my last credit I put on around Xmas, takes my sub up to the beginning of June.

I've been buying 200TL cards. You can top up the credit as much as you like, Netflix then calculates how long that credit will last. So, for example, my last credit I put on around Xmas, takes my sub up to the beginning of June.
Yes, been doing same, the 100TL was just an example in my post above.

I've just added 2 x 200TL gift cards and it added 3 months to my sub, those cards cost me £25 paying via paypal. so about £8/month for the Premium UHD sub which is about half UK current price.

Not sure why I bother as 1, I rarely watch it and 2. there are only 2 of us so why am I paying for a 4 screen sub ? LOL

If you have a big TV the UHD makes quite a difference tbf and we watch quite a bit of Netflix, but we'll have to think again if it goes up much more (even in TL).

I also have an IPTV sub which is about £6 a month but we hardly ever use it :coldsweat:

Be interesting when and if that comes in ... been saying it for a while now a 10 week deadline....I think this will really impact them ...some only have it as its a cheap share but how many would pay full price...anyway be interested to see outcome...same household's eg kids temp at uni ...going on hol using there ...how its going to be inforced will be fun.

This is going to become much more valuable and potentially more difficult to do (if Netflix try to block it) once the new rules around password sharing come into play. You may have less than 10 weeks left to let your mom, brother, or anyone else outside your home use your Netflix login for free
How the hell are they going to tell? My stepson lives with us (so its allowed) but 50% of the time he's either using his mobile, tethering his Macbook or at a mates house or his gf's. Our broadband is 5G mobile so has a CGNAT address, shared with many other Three customers. Plus we're regularly away using Netflix on my mobile/someone else's broadband.

Be interesting when and if that comes in ... been saying it for a while now a 10 week deadline....I think this will really impact them ...some only have it as its a cheap share but how many would pay full price...anyway be interested to see outcome...same household's eg kids temp at uni ...going on hol using there ...how its going to be inforced will be fun.
I suspect it's just trying to scare people into getting their own subscription, but I suppose in theory if you're using at home and kids are watching at uni all the time then they could see most of time connecting from different IP addresses would suggest different household. Or they may just say all connections from same IP only, but think that would lose them too much.

How the hell are they going to tell? My stepson lives with us (so its allowed) but 50% of the time he's either using his mobile, tethering his Macbook or at a mates house or his gf's. Our broadband is 5G mobile so has a CGNAT address, shared with many other Three customers. Plus we're regularly away using Netflix on my mobile/someone else's broadband.

Scare tactics and as you say nigh on impossible to police.

Scare tactics and as you say nigh on impossible to police.
They say they've developed "sophisticated AI" to detect abuse but personally I think its as you say, likely to be intended to scare people into getting their own sub / paying for the extra person etc. Robbing c*nts they all are, no wonder we all like IPTV so much.

Absolutely no idea - and I wondered the same - but they’ve supposedly had a successful trial of their AI in South America and are planning to roll it out in many more markets over the coming months.

Absolutely no idea - and I wondered the same - but they’ve supposedly had a successful trial of their AI in South America and are planning to roll it out in many more markets over the coming months.
maybe using MAC address of devices?

IP address is likely all they have to base their “detection” on, but that would then mean users who use a VPN (a lot of us here would qualify) wouldn’t be able to watch Netflix as it would constantly flag that the IP address has changed. Even if you were in the same household as someone watching on a different device with a VPN, you’re going to register a different IP address.

Well looks like netflix are going ahead with stopping sharing and this is how ....Big gamble but ineffect using your home WiFi and blocking other devices elsewhere

Confirmed: Netflix Unveils First Details of New Anti-Password Sharing Measures
if being shared among friends/family local to each other then easy to get around, pop round and stick something on your phone while connecting to their wifi while having a beer. Then go home and use on your tv for another month. (have a netflix party once a month lol)

Or the sub owner can log in once a month using each of the accounts they have shared with others

Back