how to set up MG camm on vix image vu solo (vix) using a N-line

mike@that 1.38c file was removed as not seen from wos,may have issues with current vix images or may work with other platforms so would advise not to use it for vix ,only current on there is this. " enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk"

1.38c works fine on the latest vix images as far as i can tell i have no issues with the ones i have installed. however, this may not be the full picture obviously they have not removed it for nothing.

got mgcamd working using these instuctions my only problem is now it disconnects every night about 10:30 and I have to keep restarting it but my cccam works perfect {mgcamd I use for uk and cccam for euro sats}

Hi mike123 I've just bought a solo2 and I'm trying to do what you are saying. The problem I can see newcamd.list but I don't know which line to edit.
I apologise if I'm a pain but I'm just learning and it take a while for me to get my head around all this.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 192.168.1.1 20000 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1
CWS_MULTIPLE = 192.168.1.2 20000:20005 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2

Wondering if anyone can help.....managed to get this installed...edited my line but the channels I want to watch are still black.

Tried switching the box off and on - restarted the cam and still no joy.

My line works as I have it installed in a dreambox

Got it sorted!!!!
Canged the box type to 06 in the mg_cfg file

Last edited:
make sure mgcamm is activated and enable on start-up is ticked. if you have restarted your box sometimes you have to re-start mgcamm.

Thanks cau86176 I tried that but it hasn't worked as you can see there is the same code at the bottom of the paragraph which i presume is the one you are talking about.

# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 06 }

edit the third one down
Thanks for the reply mike123 but I still can't get the newcamd to work. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong
I followed your instructions but I'll keep trying!

Have you tried editing the mg_cfg file?

I have to change the BOX TYPE value from
B: { 00 }
to
B: { 06 }

Thanks cau86176 I tried that, infact I think I've tried everything but I just can't get it to work. I even tried using enigmaplugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a but that didn't work either. Is there any chance you could send me step by step instructions on how to set this up which I would truly appreciate because there is something I'm not doing right.
Thanks.

What are you using to get the mgcamd files into the box?
FTP or USB?

I also used the 1.35 version - not the 1.38

Also.........when you press Blue, then Sofcam manager does the Mgcamd appear in your list?

Last edited:
for multiple tuner boxes use 1.38 ,with filezilla go to usr/var/keys and check you see 2 files newcamd list and mg-cfg there,with n lines delete the n so it looks like cws= ******

if you followed the old tut you will get misdirected now with new vix images.
cams are loaded from within download plugins=softcams

Last edited:
Okay .... now in the folder var/keys
What is in your newcamd.list file? It should be...

Is it an N line you have?

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = Your line here (basically replace 'N: ' with 'CWS = ' space before and after the equals sign)

Back