I/O device error

What make was it as we know e2 boxes are fussy with usb sticks.
Its a SanDisk
If they won't exchange it l would like to to try and restore it for you
Yeah sure you can try, anythings worth a shot, thank you
Have you tried BootIce, it will delete the existing partition and create a new one.

http://www.willobuild.xyz/Utilities/Preparing Flash Drives.zip
No not tried bootice as I though hdd guru was the same but will try it now

How long did you leave it setting up on box as they do seem to freeze and after a while complete and its mounted?

Just tried formatting again via the box, and this is how it sits. Bootice just gives a "read file failed" error

I think i know what has happened here

The new usb drive would of come as ntfs format and the e2 boxes prefer fat 32, so you may have taken the usb out before inisalisation was completed leaving it half ntfs and half exfat so your drive now is in limbo with only a very small chance to recover this

Just buy a new one then take this back as faulty a few days later (y)

Partition needs to be deleted and recreated before it will format using any of programs mentioned above, willows bootice is probably the easiest to use.

DiskPart is probably the only way then if you have a windows PC.
I tried diskpart last night and it gave some sort of error, its in the first post as I cant remember what it was
I think i know what has happened here

The new usb drive would of come as ntfs format and the e2 boxes prefer fat 32, so you may have taken the usb out before inisalisation was completed leaving it half ntfs and half exfat so your drive now is in limbo with only a very small chance to recover this

Just buy a new one then take this back as faulty a few days later (y)
The only time I took the usb out of the box, was when it looked stuck like the pic above. It was working fine, then I noticed I wasnt getting any epg, so thats when I tried to initialise again
Yes I think returning it is my only option

Partition needs to be deleted and recreated before it will format using any of programs mentioned above, willows bootice is probably the easiest to use.
I cant delete it as its just throwing up errors, which ever I use or what ever I try

Using the Diskpart to delete partition

Diskpart is a disk management tool snap-in Windows. Different with Disk Management, it uses the command line( CMD) to execute tasks. Diskpart delete partition command lline is a good way to delete partition with syntax.
1. Open the Command prompt, type: diskpart
2. At the diskpart prompt, type:list disk
Then, all the disks on your computer will be list, you should figure out the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.
3. Type:select disk n
n is the disk number. Select the disk which contains the partition you want to delete.
4. Type:list partition
5. Then, type: select partition n
n is the partition number. Here you need to select the partition which you want to delete.
6. Type:delete partition

Make sure you're running as admin

As @dave100 says, order the same one from Amazon and then return the faulty one for a full refund.
Worked fine for me with a 4tb WD NAS disk (y)

I get a far as "there are no partitions on the disk to show"
I will be honest, I have visions of wiping my laptop here so I darent do the step 6.
I think I will try my luck at returning it, then if that fails I will do plan B. In town tomorrow anyway so will just nip in

If all else fails makido I have windows 10 pc will give it a go unless woody has windows 10 and can do it for you

Back