Installng / using a HDD on ZGEMMA H2S

Paul A if using openATV you can press blue button on remote and you will see on right hand side flash online you can downgrade to openatv6.3 may work ok with grog build but if running whoosebuild you may need to change skin to MetrixHD. there are options to save settings e.t.c but I still recommend doing a full backup before hand.

Thanks Urie. As I think downgrading to OpenATV v6.3 was to help get around the issue Grog replied to (about not being able to connect to two boxes on the same network to access them on a Windows 10 laptop if using v6.4) - and as I am still (at least currently) having no problems doing this, I will keep things as they are for the moment (Box 1 on Grogbuild / Box 2 on Wooshbuild and I can access both of them on the Windows 10 laptop).

The bad news is I both of my mounts (from each zGemma h2s box to the other) are still not working. I suspect the problems are being caused by the settings I have applied to the 'Local share name' and 'Server share' options within the 'Mounts Editor' section of both boxes. Please can you confirm if this is the case - and if so, what exactly should I enter in these fields? (I am happy what I entered in the username and password fields is correct).

Issue is exactly the same as per what I detailed in my message posted on Thursday at 7:28pm:

Installng / using a HDD on ZGEMMA H2S

I am reattaching the photos here too for convenience. It's probably a really simple change I need to make within these 'Mounts Editor' settings on both boxes. If you / anybody can take a look at this, I'd really appreciate it. Note the NFS entry has been disabled - it's only CIFS shares that I am trying to set up. And the Samba service is running on both boxes.

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

• Box 2 - Mount Viewer Screen Page 2.JPG
    Box 2 - Mount Viewer Screen Page 2.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Box 2 - Mount Viewer Screen Page 1.JPG
    Box 2 - Mount Viewer Screen Page 1.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Box 2 - Mounts Editor Settings on Wooshbuild zGemma Box.JPG
    Box 2 - Mounts Editor Settings on Wooshbuild zGemma Box.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 4
  • Box 1 - Mount Viewer screen.JPG
    Box 1 - Mount Viewer screen.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Box 1 - Mounts Editor Settings on Grogbuild zGemma Box.JPG
    Box 1 - Mounts Editor Settings on Grogbuild zGemma Box.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
  • Box 2 - Network Mounting zGemma Boxes Not Working Error message on Wooshbuild box.JPG
    Box 2 - Network Mounting zGemma Boxes Not Working Error message on Wooshbuild box.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Box 1 - Network Mounting zGemma Boxes Not Working Error message on Grogbuild box.JPG
    Box 1 - Network Mounting zGemma Boxes Not Working Error message on Grogbuild box.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 4
Hi Willo, No. The current situation is this:

1) On my living room 'box 1' running Grogbuild, I only have one CIFS mount set up in an attempt to access the bedroom 'box 2' running on Wooshbuild. And (possibly / probably due to my settings you can see in the above photos), I am guessing this is being caused by the settings I have applied to the 'Local share name' and 'Server share' options within the 'Mounts Editor' section of both boxes.

2) The same applies the other way around too - other than in the photos, you can see there was a NFS (not correctly mounted) - and this was me just messing around a few days ago, in the hope that NFS could perhaps overcome the problems I'm having, not being able to access each box from the other. Because I cannot see any way in which to delete mounts on box 2 (Wooshbuild), I changed that NFS 'Active' option (2nd row down in the photo) within the 'Mounts Editor' setting from 'enable' (which I think is the default) to 'Disable' anyway.

Just to add, I think (from other comments), CIFS is the only (or at least the best) way to go. So that's what I am aiming for. I have only ever successfully set up mounts in the past using CIFS too. Just having issues this time and I am just wondering if part of the cause might be down to what I mentioned in my earlier post:

"Note on the box running Grogbuild, when I go to 'Network Browser' to view all of the IP addresses in my home, nothing happens when I "Click on OK to expand the host" for any of the IP's. This wasn't the case with the old iPab image I had. Also isn't with the Wooshbuild image. Just wondering if this matters in any way?"

..I think if you can just expand the host, the relevant settings appear for you to save the mount correctly anyway. Although even IF this is the case, if all of the settings are entered correctly manually, all should be ok. Plus this would not resolve the issue I have with 'box 2' in the bedroom (Wooshbuild) not being able to access the box in the living room (Grogbuild).

Hi Grog, I'm loving your build, it's all working well (apart from not being able to successfully set up a network mount to my Wooshbuild zGemma openATV box and vice versa, as detailed with photos of settings in my other posting above) - but do you have any idea on why it is that the ITV+1 channel is always blank (black screen) when I try to view it? (Yet if I set a timer recording from it, that works). Same issue happens no matter which channel number I use to try to watch it (there are 3 different numbers for it within different bouquets). Only providers used for EPG are Sky UK and Freesat. Thanks

Hi Grog, I'm loving your build, it's all working well (apart from not being able to successfully set up a network mount to my Wooshbuild zGemma openATV box and vice versa, as detailed with photos of settings in my other posting above) - but do you have any idea on why it is that the ITV+1 channel is always blank (black screen) when I try to view it? (Yet if I set a timer recording from it, that works). Same issue happens no matter which channel number I use to try to watch it (there are 3 different numbers for it within different bouquets). Only providers used for EPG are Sky UK and Freesat. Thanks
You need to follow the instructions in the link I posted before, it's the only way I could get hdd sharing to work using ATV 6.4, if you are not confident to do it then pm me and maybe I can sort it over team viewer for you.

As for ITV +1 I don't know, it's not a channel I use, I will check on my box in a bit, how many sat feeds have you got plugged in? are you recording another channel when you try watching itv +1

Hello Grog, sorry I've not been in touch since you sent the above message. I have just had loads going on and no time to look at this. I really appreciate your offer of help and I'll be in touch when things calm down a bit. Hopefully sometime soon!

Back