Installng / using a HDD on ZGEMMA H2S

The whole idea was to save the recordings and files on the large HDD?
This has now proven to be impossible as you have found its corrupted.
I'm not sure why you are avoiding flashing the box at any cost, it takes twenty minutes then you can mount whatever you like and start again

I would flash from scratch and start with a clean setup.
Have you been unplugging the hdd whilst the box is switched on? This could have corrupted it.
If mounting network drives I've always used cifs to mount at boot, rather than autofs and never had a problem.

To remove bookmarks go into the MENU > SETUP > RECORDINGS, PLAYBACK & TIMESHIFT and click on the default movie location.
You can add or remove bookmarks with the blue button. Use Ch+/- to change between bookmarks and storage list.

1599486691540.png

1599486840498.png

Last edited:
Thanks Willo (and Pablo). I gave up in the end, you're clearly both right - flashing the box was the best idea in the end. The only thing that was putting me off of doing that earlier was that I had all my settings customised just how I liked them from over the years and had to set up everything again from scratch today. And there's always something that causes a small headache when I do this!

Today all seems good (box isn't crashing now, so that's the main thing!). Bookmarks - Looks like I only have /media/hdd/movie and /media/hdd/timeshift now (and where they are meant to be!)

One small issue - I tried playing with various settings but can't see how to fix it - the channel order in the EPG now has ITV1 moved from channel 3 position and repalced by 'Home & Health). Meanwhile ITV1 has now somehow moved to a channel postion way down in the list, showing as number 178.

ANy idea how to fix this so that ITV1 is back to being the 3rd channel in the list?

Thanks,

Paul

By the way, on my other zGemma h2s box (which is running on Wooshbuild), I am trying to delete a few network mounts I have saved (they all appear not to be working any longer) - and when I go into the network mounts section, there's an option for edit or delete mounts - but I can only see how to edit them. Not seeing any 'delete' option.

Does anybody know how I can delete network mounts I no longer want? Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong part of the website, I am new to Techkings as a member..

Thanks Willo. From the screen shot, that looks simple enough on your box. Only thing is those path of options don't apply on my box running Wooshbuild. I can only seem to get to network mounts by going to:

Meunu > Setup > System > Network > Mounts setup > Mount Manager > Mountpoints Management (where underneath, in small text, it says: "View, edit or delete mountpoints on your receiver").

So when I go ahead and select that option, I can only go into each of the mounts shown in the list and edit the set ups - and can press red to cancel or green to save within each one. There's no delete option there for me. And I can't see any other route / path of options that I can follow to get to another menu to delete network mounts.

So I'm stuck there...Can you think of anything else I can do?

And do you have any idea how to fix that ITV1 issue I mentioned on the other box (runnng OpenATV, iPab) I re-flashed today , so that it is back to being the 3rd channel in the list?

Thanks,

Paul

In case it helps, here is a screen shot of what I see when I click on the above path, ending at Mountpoints Management..

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 15
Ipab is old and probably has older modified ABM plugin. Maybe best flashing latest atv image and add an updated build.

I only use ViX, your setup looks completely different :unsure:
Yeah that's the Wooshbuild image on my 2nd box. I know its all down to personal preference but I've liked iPab more than Wooshbuild. Have you got any idea on that channel order problem I mentioned I'm having after re-flashing my 1st box? (It's running OpenATV, iPab)

It depends what plugin you use to scan for channels. I use ABM with my own custom favourites.xml to create the first bouquet.
This is what I have set in ABM providers for sat:

1599493969226.png

and this is my custom favourites:

<favourites>
<name></name>
<sections>
<section number="100">Entertainment</section>
</sections>
<inserts>
<insert target="100" source="101" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC East Mids -->
<insert target="101" source="115" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<insert target="102" source="802" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Two HD -->
<insert target="103" source="176" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV Central West HD -->
<insert target="104" source="138" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<insert target="105" source="805" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 5 HD -->
<insert target="106" source="660" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- QVC -->
<insert target="107" source="677" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- QVC Style-->
<insert target="108" source="877" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC News HD -->
<insert target="109" source="501" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Sky News -->
<insert target="110" source="116" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC 4 HD -->
<insert target="111" source="104" provider="sat_192_sky_deutschland"></insert> <!-- Sky Atlantic HD -->
<insert target="112" source="115" provider="sat_192_sky_deutschland"></insert> <!-- Fox HD -->
<insert target="113" source="155" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- YESTERDAY -->
<insert target="114" source="255" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- YESTERDAY +1 -->
<insert target="115" source="174" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- PBS America -->
<insert target="116" source="889" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Smithsonian HD -->
<insert target="117" source="142" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Really -->
<insert target="118" source="164" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Blaze -->
<insert target="119" source="144" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Quest -->
<insert target="120" source="244" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Quest +1 -->
<insert target="121" source="159" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Pick -->
<insert target="122" source="259" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Pick +1 -->
<insert target="123" source="125" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery -->
<insert target="124" source="225" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery +1 -->
<insert target="125" source="177" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery History -->
<insert target="126" source="277" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery History +1 -->
<insert target="127" source="167" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery Science -->
<insert target="128" source="267" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery Science +1 -->
<insert target="129" source="161" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Discovery Turbo -->
<insert target="130" source="162" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Animal Planet -->
<insert target="131" source="262" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Animal Planet +1 -->
<insert target="132" source="172" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- D-MAX -->
<insert target="133" source="272" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- D-MAX +1 -->
<insert target="134" source="154" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ID -->
<insert target="135" source="254" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ID +1 -->
<insert target="136" source="149" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Quest Red -->
<insert target="137" source="249" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Quest Red+1 -->
<insert target="138" source="170" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Together -->
<insert target="139" source="132" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Alibi -->
<insert target="140" source="427" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BoxNation-->
<insert target="141" source="203" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV +1 Anglia -->
<insert target="142" source="204" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 4+1 -->
<insert target="143" source="205" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 5+1 -->
<insert target="144" source="235" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- E4+1 -->
<insert target="145" source="236" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- More4+1 -->
<insert target="146" source="218" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV2+1 -->
<insert target="147" source="219" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV3+1 -->
<insert target="148" source="220" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV4+1 -->
<insert target="149" source="231" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITVBe+1 -->
</inserts>
<bouquets>
<main>0</main> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
<sections>1</sections> <!-- 0 or 1 -->
</bouquets>
</favourites>

On any box you want to access check samba is running first,as i also use vix i would recheck my mounts as i often delete them all and confirm reboot box and run network browser to give you a new list of possible ips and mount them again should work then.
I have found rebooting network puts my ips out in mounts as saved as 10 is now 11.

Your screenshot in previous image above shows the same ip for 2 mounts one working one not.

None of them are actually working. The little red circle with the x in it means it's not mounted properly.

1599494622017.png

I have given up on the network mounts issue with my box running Wooshbuild for the time being because I am still finding myself reflashing my 1st box (that's running iPab on OpenATV 6.1) I am re-flashing because whatever I do to try to stop ITV1 becoming way down the channel list (number 178) and the same issue with channel 5, I haven't been able to sort this out. I did manually move the channels but of course this just resets itself overnight after the refresh. And I don't really want to disable the refresh if I can avoid doing so.
Willo - I saw you posted this on another page here:, where you mentioned the sticky thread
Regional settings

..Please can you tell me how to get to the sticky thread - do you have a link to that webpage? (I had a quick look but could not find it).

Also although I had no issues for years with the OpenATV 6.1 I was running before it crashed a few nights ago, I'm so sick of the time I'm wasting on this, does anybody have a link for downloading the latest OpenATV image that works well, with all the free to air TV channels being listed in the right order within the EPG by default (without them being HD versions at the top of the list)? Ideally not Wooshbuild if possible - I prefer the iPab kind of layout.

Thanks,

Paul

Ipab used its own bastardised version of autobouquetsmaker if I remember correctly.
I don't know if ATV or Wooshbuild uses ABM by default.

If I were you I would make sure my storage drive was mounted as /media/hdd and formatted as ext4 R/W and then flash Grogbuild.

GrogBuild - Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes
Thanks Willo. I think you're right about thew iPab autobouqetsmaker from what I've read elsewhere.

So I'm happy to give Grogbuild a try (thanks for the link to the instructions) - but one thing I read is:

Assuming that you have your USB/HDD connected to the box (used for recordings etc) then you can use this method.

So do you know if this means I MUST keep my HDD connected (the one with lots of recordings already saved on it)? Or am I safer not to have it connected at the time, to avoid any risk of losing any recordings / files? If I have to keep it connected and there is no risk of losing any recordings, that's ok.

Also do I need to delete all / any of the files I have on my zGemma h2s box that relate to the iPab OpenATV image I have on it at the moment, or will following those instructions just delete all existing files / overwrite all of that data for me?

Thanks,

Paul

It just needs storage connected as /media/hdd as a temporary place to download the flash and setup files.
It won't delete existing stuff.

It just needs storage connected as /media/hdd as a temporary place to download the flash and setup files.
It won't delete existing stuff.
Thanks Willo. Sorry but do you also know whether I need to delete all / any of the files I have on my zGemma h2s box that relate to the iPab OpenATV image I have on it at the moment, or will following those instructions just delete all existing files / overwrite all of that data for me at the same time?

Connect to your box using putty and login as root
Right click and paste

wget -O ~/fla.sh http://flashmybox4.me && bash fla.sh

and press enter. That should install Grogbuild.
If it fails for any reason flash ATV first using

wget --no-check-certificate -O installatv.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbo698rxconave/installatv.sh?dl=1 && bash installatv.sh

Then when it finishes flash the first script again.
Thanks Willo, I will give this a try later tonight / tomorrow. I don't have / am not familiar with Putty but I can do it using the Exras > Terminal section within OpenWebif instead, right? (Using root as my login)

Back