Internet speed recommended for iptv and streaming?

Ditching my virgin internet/tv package soon so will be relying on iptv/kodi/streaming. What’s the recommended minimum speed required for this and can anyone recommend any providers?

Ditching my virgin internet/tv package soon so will be relying on iptv/kodi/streaming. What’s the recommended minimum speed required for this and can anyone recommend any providers?
Request in the correct section you need at least 10 Mbps to run IPTV

HD content anything over 10mb
4k 25mb

But if your using anything else on your network at the time it need to accommodate that too.

Its keeping your internet consistently over those speeds, so if you are running over wireless I would want speeds alot higher than above as they tend to dip Below. So use ethernet where possible and the speeds above will be enough

Your posting history indicates you've been using IPTV/streaming since Christmas and it's not been going well.

I think this will end in tears.

How's your iptv working in general now, you haven't posted about any issues with it since Christmas so does that mean it's OK?

If you've got it all set up and running properly then a change of ISP shouldn't be a problem unless you drop below a speed that's enough for whatever your household needs are - people say they stream fine with 10mbps but I assume that's with nobody else using the Internet at the same time.

You will probably get better advice here if you post the speeds your new ISP says you'll receive and how many people use the Internet in your house and what they use it for.

One tip, make sure you turn off websafe settings when you do change ISP.

I’m looking for advice on what internet speed is adequate for streaming and iptv, which will help me to choose an internet provider. So why would I need to post new isp’s speed before before even getting any advice on choosing one with recommended speeds?

I’m looking for advice on what internet speed is adequate for streaming and iptv, which will help me to choose an internet provider. So why would I need to post new isp’s speed before even getting any advice?
You're asking for advice and then arguing with the advice offered.
If XYZ ISP has offered you 100mb internet and you inform us, the chances are several users have already tried it.
So they can confirm that it will be fine or that the speeds advertised are nothing like the reality.

I’m looking for advice on what internet speed is adequate for streaming and iptv, which will help me to choose an internet provider. So why would I need to post new isp’s speed before even getting any advice?
What speeds do you currently have from your isp.
You are not always guaranteed the speeds what isp offers you they will say yes you can have 500mbps but when you sign up to them you don’t even get half that as could be faults with cables etc.
I get 530mbps virgin media all my devices are hard wired so get close enough speeds on Wi-Fi I get about 300+mbps.

When I was with ee we could only get 36mbps and when all devices was connected we couldn’t watch iptv as wasn’t enough speed and bandwidth for all the devices connected.
My best advice would be look on supermaket comparison website or even look at 3 they do 4/5g router and sim

You're asking for advice and then arguing with the advice offered.
If XYZ ISP has offered you 100mb internet and you inform us, the chances are several users have already tried it.
So they can confirm that it will be fine or that the speeds advertised are nothing like the realit
You are not always guaranteed the speeds what isp offers you they will say yes you can have 500mbps but when you sign up to them you don’t even get half that as could be faults with cables etc.
I get 530mbps virgin media all my devices are hard wired so get close enough speeds on Wi-Fi I get about 300+mbps.

When I was with ee we could only get 36mbps and when all devices was connected we couldn’t watch iptv as wasn’t enough speed and bandwidth for all the devices connected.
My best advice would be look on supermaket comparison website or even look at 3 they do 4/5g router and
I’ll look elsewhere for advice. I’m not going to sign up with an internet provider without the advice I asked for!

I’ll look elsewhere for advice. I’m not going to sign up with an internet provider without the advice I asked for!
So just sign up with any internet provider, believe everything they tell you, that'll do the trick, it's obviously better than getting advice from people who've used them before.

My best advice would be look on supermaket comparison website or even look at 3 they do 4/5g router and sim
You're wasting your time Baz, he's been asked which ISP he was contemplating using and how many users and what it will be used for and he refuses to offer any information

I’m looking for advice on what internet speed is adequate for streaming and iptv, which will help me to choose an internet provider. So why would I need to post new isp’s speed before before even getting any advice on choosing one with recommended speeds?
There are a lot of variables which can affect your situation. It's difficult to give you the correct advice based on the information you've given.

So are you going to ask your new internet provider can I use iptv with or without a vpn or switching of security settings on your isp account or even does your iptv provider have vpn it is not just as simple as you think,

I am with virgin media no tv package just fibre connection I sometimes need to use vpn but that can also be down to my various iptv providers, some will work without vpn others won't just blame the football :smiley:

so it may not make any difference what isp you are with if it is your iptv provider dns that is being targeted.

But your questions have already been answered as reguards to what internet speed you need for streaming for normal iptv if more people streaming or using other devices at home then you require larger package than 10mb for hd as ferret mentioned for one connection.

But I wish you luck hopfully you will get there in the end without the good advice given from long term members on this forum.

To n
So are you going to ask your new internet provider can I use iptv with or without a vpn or switching of security settings on your isp account or even does your iptv provider have vpn it is not just as simple as you think,

I am with virgin media no tv package just fibre connection I sometimes need to use vpn but that can also be down to my various iptv providers, some will work without vpn others won't just blame the football :smiley:

so it may not make any difference what isp you are with if it is your iptv provider dns that is being targeted.

But your questions have already been answered as reguards to what internet speed you need for streaming for normal iptv if more people streaming or using other devices at home then you require larger package than 10mb for hd as ferret mentioned for one connection

But I wish you luck hopfully you will get there in the end without the good advice given from long term members on this forum.
To be brutally honest urie his response is pathetic the boys have tried to help as usual right on the money.

If I was recommended providers then maybe I’d be able to pick some.
I'm with BT and get approx 50mbps. The only time streaming is interrupted through lack of bandwidth is when my kids are downloading a game on their consoles, for streaming and gaming in a house with two teenagers 50mbps is fine. I always stream iptv through a vpn so can't comment on how often my iptv would be blocked.

I was previously with Sky, they throttled my speeds at peak times so I wouldn't recommend them.

I considered a Three 5g router recently but me and the Mrs both work from home and need a stable connection. BT has been solid so didn't want to chance changing.

Back