IPTV 4k buffering

trawr

Hey all,

Fairly new to IPTV and have decided to recently delve into this world after using some rubbish IPTV provider through a friend of mine. I’ve had some trials here and they are so much better than what I’m using but any of the providers trials I take, the 4k sport streams always buffer every 20-30 seconds or so (HD ones are fine). My internet connection is pretty quick (500mb down/up) and have full strength WiFi signal. Is asking for a buffer free 4k stream asking too much from a provider? Or have I just not found the right one yet? :-)

(Using tivimate pro on 4k fire stick)

Cheers all!

T

Hey all,

Fairly new to IPTV and have decided to recently delve into this world after using some rubbish IPTV provider through a friend of mine. I’ve had some trials here and they are so much better than what I’m using but any of the providers trials I take, the 4k sport streams always buffer every 20-30 seconds or so (HD ones are fine). My internet connection is pretty quick (500mb down/up) and have full strength WiFi signal. Is asking for a buffer free 4k stream asking too much from a provider? Or have I just not found the right one yet? :-)

(Using tivimate pro on 4k fire stick)

Cheers all!

T
Have you tried using an Ethernet adapter connection which is better than WiFi and more stable.
Also is the Firestick powered by a PSU and not just powered from the TV.
Also do you have many apps installed on the Firestick?
Also worth factory resetting the Firestick if the above doesn’t work.
Not sure a VPN would sort this issue because you say that is only the FHD channels that are the problem.
I don’t think it will be the providers if you have the same issue with all the ones that you have tried.

Have you tried using an Ethernet adapter connection which is better than WiFi and more stable.
Also is the Firestick powered by a PSU and not just powered from the TV.
Also do you have many apps installed on the Firestick?
Also worth factory resetting the Firestick if the above doesn’t work.
Not sure a VPN would sort this issue because you say that is only the FHD channels that are the problem.
I don’t think it will be the providers if you have the same issue with all the ones that you have tried.
Very good points, thank you! :-)

-Firestick is powered by PSU

- I use a VPN whenever using IPTV but when it’s active it never affects my latency (checked this with a ping test running over a period of time).

Good point about the wired connection, but am I right in thinking the firestick adapter caps you to 100mb?

- I use a VPN whenever using IPTV but when it’s active it never affects my latency (checked this with a ping test running over a period of time).

Good point about the wired connection, but am I right in thinking the firestick adapter caps you to 100mb?
100mb is plenty for Streaming and iptv.
Trial by elimination.
You could reset the Firestick first before you buy an ethernet adapter.
I always hardwire streaming devices if possible.
Have you tried your subs on any other devices like tablet or mobile phone?

you can buy 1gb usb ethernet adapters

100mb is plenty for Streaming and iptv.
Trial by elimination.
You could reset the Firestick first before you buy an ethernet adapter.
Always hardwire streaming devices if possible.
Have you tried your subs on any other devices like a tablet on my phone?
I do not see the need to reset firestick perhaps try closing down all apps that may be running in the background and also clear cache on those apps

The problem 100% lays in the connection here based on all facts presented in this thread.
Turn the VPN off and see if channels play fine. If they do, problem is VPN.

If they don't, then there is definitely some latency or less speed than you've said tested on the actual device being used (Make sure to do the speedtest on the device you are using)

you can buy 1gb usb ethernet adapters
I thought with Micro usb 2.0 there is a bottleneck on the firestick.
What speeds can you achieve?

The problem 100% lays in the connection here based on all facts presented in this thread.
Turn the VPN off and see if channels play fine. If they do, problem is VPN.

If they don't, then there is definitely some latency or less speed than you've said tested on the actual device being used (Make sure to do the speedtest on the device you are using)
I would have hoped they would have tried that. But I should have mentioned it.

Last edited:
I thought with Micro usb 2.0 there is a bottleneck on the firestick.
What speeds can you achieve?
You do over complicate things sometimes. If the device is within a few metres of the router WiFi is fine at those speeds. Are you in a support group ask if anyone else is having problems with the channels that is the best thing to try first.

You do over complicate things sometimes. If the device is within a few metres of the router WiFi is fine at those speeds. Are you in a support group ask if anyone else is having problems with the channels that is the best thing to try first.
The op said he had the same issue with 4k channels on several trials he had tried.
That leads me to believe that is something to do with his device or his Internet connection.
The one thing I didn’t ask him is had he tried turning the VPN off which I thought he would’ve tried anyway.
I wasn’t trying to complicate it for them, but if you thought that then fair enough.

I personally do not have 1gb usb adaptor for firestick and always thought they were tied to 100mbs but reading elseware you can use 1gb usb adaptor
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabit-1000Mbps-Ethernet-Adapter-Network/dp/B00LLUEJFU
I think the max speed through a usb 2.0 is 450mb but I am not sure what you can achieve on a Firesticks 2.0 micro usb port.
But their Wi-Fi should be fast enough.
A speed test on their device should verify that.
I just thought you were using one from your post.

Last edited:
I think the max speed through a usb 2.0 is 450mb but I am not sure what you can achieve on a Firesticks 2.0 micro usb port.
But their Wi-Fi should be fast enough.
A speed test on their device should verify that.
I just thought you were using one from your post.
yes perhaps 450mb on usb 2 port but 100mb ethernet usb adaptor can only do 100mb where as 1gb usb ethernet could give you 450mb.
personaly i have no problems even though I do have 100mb usb ethernet adaptor aint used it since I changed to mesh system

yes perhaps 450mb on usb 2 port but 100mb ethernet usb adaptor can only do 100mb where as 1gb usb ethernet could give you 450mb.
personaly i have no problems even though I do have 100mb usb ethernet adaptor aint used it since I changed to mesh system
You getting overwhelmed to urie 🤣 Come on old chap you and I both know the sticks will tick along nicely with 30 gig upwards on 4k streams that are not really 4k 🤣

For what it's worth - I've noticed the UHD channels (especially Sky) will not work properly with VPN enabled
Turn it off and it check

For what it's worth - I've noticed the UHD channels (especially Sky) will not work properly with VPN enabled
Turn it off and it check
Coming to think of it, the sky channel is the one that I’ve been having issues with when watching the footie! This could well be it! I’ll give it a go later and report back ;)

Also - I thought it was best for the end user to use VPN to stay under the radar from your ISP whilst using IPTV?

Coming to think of it, the sky channel is the one that I’ve been having issues with when watching the footie! This could well be it! I’ll give it a go later and report back ;)

Also - I thought it was best for the end user to use VPN to stay under the radar from your ISP whilst using IPTV?
It’s a personal choice but I think they are after the suppliers more than they are the users.
Are the FHD channels running ok?

Turn it off and it check
Sometimes I have to switch my VPN on for my subs to work.
Seems like my ISP intermittently blocks when EPL in on.

It’s a personal choice but I think they are after the suppliers more than they are the users.
Are the FHD channels running ok.
Yeah I guess. I think I’d still like to stick with a VPN but I will give it a quick test later out of curiosity. FHD Sky channels run perfectly, just the UHD which has issues. Running a speed test on the firestick during times of the stream lagging i’m getting like 300 download with ~13ms so I’m really thinking it’s not my connection.

Yeah I guess. I think I’d still like to stick with a VPN but I will give it a quick test later out of curiosity. FHD Sky channels run perfectly, just the UHD which has issues. Running a speed test on the firestick during times of the stream lagging i’m getting like 300 download with ~13ms so I’m really thinking it’s not my connection.
UHD channels use more RAM and Firesticks don’t have much spare either.
Also running the VPN is using more RAM.
As mentioned, just try your sub without the VPN running.
Also @urie mentioned try closing any apps running in the background and clearing cache.
Router reboot.

Back