IPTV Buffers on Wifi/Wired (Connected to a VPN) Yet plays fine on 4G (Mobile Data) (Connected to the same VPN) Any ideas?

TheSource

TK Veteran
Hey guys,

My Dad is having a nightmare with his IPTV. The strangest thing is happening

He now needs to use a VPN to bypass the blocks.

However, here's the kicker!

The IPTV Buffers on Wired/Wifi when connected to a VPN. This is across Multiple devices and I've tried Multiple VPNS and Regions.

However, if I turn off the Wifi and try it on 4G (Mobile Data) With the exact same VPN Connection/Location it plays flawlessly.

I’ve attached 2 videos to help show what’s going on.

Here in the first Video. I’m on Wifi and Express VPN is Connected to Netherlands I’ve also ran a Speed Test 90MBPS. The stream then buffers at 1:07 and again at 1:37.

Streamable Video

In the second video. I kept everything the same. Express VPN is Connected to Netherlands. Speed test is 55MBPS. The only difference is it’s now running of 4G (Mobile Data) rather than WIFI and what do you know it runs flawlessly!

Streamable Video

So annoying! Any tech heads out there that can help?! as he literally can’t use his IPTV at Home currently!

Last edited:
Try connecting to UK server. What box are you using. ISP provider.

1.Use a Uk Server
2. Turn off family safe settings

Last edited:
Try connecting to UK server. What box are you using. ISP provider.

1.Use a Uk Server
2. Turn off family safe settings

I’ve done both.

Tried several servers from several VPNs. Been all round the world lol. Safe settings are off. I’ve done all the usual tricks. ISP Virgin. It’s the same on Firestick/IPhone/ShieldTV/Pc you name it same issue lol

Soon as I connect any device to my 4G hotspot and then to a VPN it works.

I can connect to Express VPN London for example and when connected to Virgin it will buffer loads.

I then connect to Express VPN London the exact same server but this time using my Mobile as a hotspot and it streams fine....

Last edited:
I am on virgin and using PIA i have no issues what so ever. Tried Nord get exactly the same issues you are having.

I am on virgin and using PIA i have no issues what so ever. Tried Nord get exactly the same issues you are having.

Problem is it’s not a VPN issue as such. (Unless Virgin is now throttling VPN providers too)

The IPTV works with every VPN I’ve thrown at it. (Provided I’m not connected to Virgin)

Earlier in the day I got a friend to load up the IPTV round his (BT Internet) and use Express VPN and he watched the whole England game with zero buffering.

Yet, when using the same exact VPN server on Virgin I’m hit with buffering every few seconds.

Last edited:
Exactly Express VPN and virgin are not working nicely together. You may have to change the VPN. I have a spare space on my VPN account you can try in the morning. Try that. Just pm me I will let you try it for a hour.

Last edited:
There has been issues with several providers and their servers getting DMCA blocked, so the main providers for the streams are having to move from one company to another company to try and get around the DMCA violations, I know of at least 3 providers who have went down and they were main providers, they are rebuilding although this is going to take sometime.

I could understand that but his service is just buffering a DMCA block would effectively close down the server.

A lot of their services are running on minimal at present. You have to remember that the providers have multiple servers in multiple locations if they are anyway decent. So ultimately bandwidth is an issue at present which is causing issues at the moment and it will remain this way for a while.

I have tested a few different suppliers within the last few days and the majority of them are having issues on a lot of different channels.

Virgin will start to throttle especially at peak times turn ip flooding off to start is there a way you can run a speed test with vpn off then on using the device to view iptv.

I have two networks now Baz my VPN one and my Vermin media one just ran speed test on both getting 96 mbps on Vermin and 44on VPN my mag seems more stable on VPN although never had many issues as have a fairly decent provider. One of my mates had one of those mini travel routers you can put your VPN details on that worked for him think they cost about 20 quid.

I have two networks now Baz my VPN one and my Vermin media one just ran speed test on both getting 96 mbps on Vermin and 44on VPN my mag seems more stable on VPN although never had many issues as have a fairly decent provider. One of my mates had one of those mini travel routers you can put your VPN details on that worked for him think they cost about 20 quid.
Yeah the little yellow things that supports oprnvpn a few of lads say they are good

Seems pretty stable but depends how close to router ect and where connected on WiFi as most houses have black spots with WiFi

Wifi on LS VPN router really strong but slower download speed than Vermin. Vermin has a home plug wired to it with another in living room VPN one has no home plugs.

Back