IPTV RECORDING

Stavros3

Hi
I've just bought mag256w1 but cannot seem to record, I was told by the company I bought it from that it is down to the IPTV provider to enable this. They say not who is right!! Even on YouTube they say up to 4 hours recording can be done on the IPTV server. I've even tried with usb through timer still no good. Anybody got any ideas?

This is from my service provider.

News
IPTV Recording – 09/06/17
  • June 9, 2017
Recently the facility to record IPTV has been removed, regardless of which device you using to watch on. This has been done to help protect our provider from regulations surrounding streaming and copyright. To elaborate slightly, streaming doesn’t infringe on copyright as it is a temporary service and doesn’t actually “copy” the content. Recording this content produces a “copy” which creates an infringement. This may seem strange but this is how the regulations are written. We want to be the people who are always around and able to offer support and this is one of the steps we have had to take to ensure this. There are lots of sites and sellers out there who do the minimum they can for a quick quid; we have never adopted this attitude and do all we can to distance ourselves from this type of service. I appreciate this may be frustrating for a lot of you but IPTV does come with a catch-up feature for most shows and events which hopefully means you don’t miss your favourite shows programmes. Catch-up is still streamed by you so it falls in line with the regulations above

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and hope you can understand the reasoning behind it

Thank you for your continued support. Plus you can't record on a 256.

Total crap what has been posted above,Most iptv providers are using illegal sources to stream their services anyway,Its down to the provider to enable room on their servers to create room to record and nearly all will not enable this option as it requires a double connection (mulitroom enabled) to allow it in any case,Best ask provider if its available in the service first

Total crap what has been posted above,Most iptv providers are using illegal sources to stream their services anyway,Its down to the provider to enable room on their servers to create room to record and nearly all will not enable this option as it requires a double connection (mulitroom enabled) to allow it in any case,Best ask provider if its available in the service first
Thanks for that

I managed to record on 256 w1 if you add a m3u file to the inner portal and use record manager you can record from there onto a usb stick it is a bit inconvenient as I have to check in outer portal the time of the programme I want to record as no tv guide in inner portal go to record manager set time and channel from there and the recorded programme ends up on usb stick which is then viewed from media browser of outer portal I was sent a portal link from my supplier and on their website they also had a downloadable m3u file I only have 1 connection to server but have never been pulled up on it by my supplier to say I should have 2

streaming isnt illegal, thats why sky is trying to change it so these kodi streamers will be doing something illegal
downloading is legal.

i take it the law was done before kodi kicked off

I managed to record on 256 w1 if you add a m3u file to the inner portal and use record manager you can record from there onto a usb stick it is a bit inconvenient as I have to check in outer portal the time of the programme I want to record as no tv guide in inner portal go to record manager set time and channel from there and the recorded programme ends up on usb stick which is then viewed from media browser of outer portal I was sent a portal link from my supplier and on their website they also had a downloadable m3u file I only have 1 connection to server but have never been pulled up on it by my supplier to say I should have 2
How do you get the m3u file to the inner portal? I tried to through download manager but not having much luck cheers

How do you get the m3u file to the inner portal? I tried to through download manager but not having much luck cheers

Put the m3u file on a usb go to home media inner portal select m3u file on usb press ok and a pop up will ask if you want to add channels press ok channels will then be added to box

Put the m3u file on a usb go to home media inner portal select m3u file on usb press ok and a pop up will ask if you want to add channels press ok channels will then be added to box
Thanks, I went on the internet browser within the box and downloaded free m3u file into download manager, tried recording a program this seemed to work. I also tried recording another this morning while watching another channel it didn't seem to like it, similar to the openbox.

Thanks, I went on the internet browser within the box and downloaded free m3u file into download manager, tried recording a program this seemed to work. I also tried recording another this morning while watching another channel it didn't seem to like it, similar to the openbox.

Do you have 'multiform' on your IPTV?

Be vary careful recording unless you check with provider,Need to have a multiroom sub or you could get cut off

Hi
Im having trouble copying the m3u file. Its a hyperlink but cannot download it..nor copy it to usb.
Any one can help me with this pls.
Thanks

Back