IPTV through openbox

I have put iptv on load's of openbox v9s ect And i am not in cookhoo land LOL Same as Zgemma H2s and H2H Maybe you just got to know how to set them up right? but all i know is i have put iptv on all these box's and user's are happy

Guide to putting iptv on a openbox for anyone who care's to use or look
http://www.openbox.net.cn/saved/upload/file/product_download/V9-V9S-IPTV function User Guide.pdf
Hi just wondering if it can iptv can be put on openbox V8s and how is this done thanks.

Yes it can be done you will need WebTv app for your box and to rename your m3u file to webtv

Firstly make sure your m3u is named (WebTV.) and put to the root of your usb, Next open up WebTV on you v8s and press the green button to delete all. Then press menu and goto upgrade by usb, change upgrade mode to misc files in place of image and press select and upgrade. you then press ok on WebTV.m3u and you will see a green tick appear next to it, press the yellow button and it will start your upgrade and show that it is complete a couple seconds later. Now go back to WebTV app in the menu and all your channels will now be there.

Last edited:
Yes it can be done you will need WebTv app for your box and to rename your m3u file to web,m3u

Firstly make sure your m3u is named (WebTV.m3u) and put to the root of your usb, Next open up WebTV on you v8s and press the green button to delete all. Then press menu and goto upgrade by usb, change upgrade mode to misc files in place of image and press select and upgrade. you then press ok on WebTV.m3u and you will see a green tick appear next to it, press the yellow button and it will start your upgrade and show that it is complete a couple seconds later. Now go back to WebTV app in the menu and all your channels will now be there.
Hi thanks for ur reply I will have a go at this will let u no how I get on thanks again

I have done this several times renamed the file WebTV.m3u and it works perfectly can anyone throw some light on that it freezes every 10-14 seconds though in VLC this stops when the loop play is on

I have done this several times renamed the file WebTV.m3u and it works perfectly can anyone throw some light on that it freezes every 10-14 seconds though in VLC this stops when the loop play is on

Ask who ever you got the m3u file from to give you a m3u mpegts file this should fix that problem

Hi I have tried uploading onto v8s but I keep getting this message Read WebTV.m3u Failed , I`m doing something wrong

Did you read how to do it on this page? try and do what it say's in post 24
Yes I did to the letter, however when I go to copy and paste the m3u file into usb it wont, so I copied it to notepad and then renamed it there then put it into usb, however its there with the VLC cone

Yes I did to the letter, however when I go to copy and paste the m3u file into usb it wont, so I copied it to notepad and then renamed it there then put it into usb, however its there with the VLC cone

No mate you dwnload m3u file to your computer then rename and put it on a usb stick and put it on your box

This is because you have vlc player to notce these type of file, Dont worrie just put it on a usb and try it

This is because you have vlc player to notce these type of file, Dont worrie just put it on a usb and try it
Yes I did that, after I update by usb I select info and its not reading the file, I`ve downloaded it and renamed it but no joy

Sorry i can not help then, But you must be doing some thing wrong? Have you tried renaming like this WebTV.m3u if don't work try webtv.m3u

You don't have to write the .m3u part maybe you're writing WebTV.m3u .

Just name it WebTv .The box will know if it's a m3u file

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back