IPTV Too many choice so many issues....

I wouldn't spend a fortune, a H2H box is fairly cheap, around £70 and can handle cable, sat and iptv, so if evertthing does go t!tsup on the cable side, you're still good to go with iptv
Yes that box sounds like the one for me, I will have a look and try and find the most reliable place to buy, thanks

Sorry, i've been out to the all you can eat chinese buffet place (actually not sorry :grin:) ... Take a look at the cable receiver faq in my sig below - there's a wealth of useful information in there for you @Fathead50 :)

putting a build/image together is a lot easier than many realise, guides are on this forum & plenty of help from members should you get stuck, building your own image is by far the best way as you then know whats gone wrong & how to fix it yourself, its all a learning curve & you gain knowledge as you go so IF as you said you like tech I'd highly recommend you look towards making your own image once you feel comfortable with the process (follow the detailed guides & you wont go 'far' wrong)
Thanks Beaky I like this idea but not sure if I could find the time ;-)

Sorry, i've been out to the all you can eat chinese buffet place (actually not sorry :grin:) ... Take a look at the cable receiver faq in my sig below - there's a wealth of useful information in there for you @Fathead50 :)
Thank you STE. All you can eat, sound like my time of lunch ;-)

Another user has pointed out that as I am in ROI that getting lines is quiet rare. Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You will normally get 2/3 replies, from what I know, they are solid. Costs about 120 euro per year. I have one running in my house for testing purposes, and it is perfect.
You won't get a cheap line like the 20/30 euro sky lines, but hey.
Very easy to set up, I have a h52ts (I think - 2 cable, 1 sat) runs perfectly.
If you have got NO replies to your Irish request, let me know as the guys tell me they are answering all Irish requests

Lastly, if you find the need to answer 2 others please use just one post to do it, I have merged about ten of your posts.

You will normally get 2/3 replies, from what I know, they are solid. Costs about 120 euro per year. I have one running in my house for testing purposes, and it is perfect.
You won't get a cheap line like the 20/30 euro sky lines, but hey.
Very easy to set up, I have a h52ts (I think - 2 cable, 1 sat) runs perfectly.
If you have got NO replies to your Irish request, let me know as the guys tell me they are answering all Irish requests

Lastly, if you find the need to answer 2 others please use just one post to do it, I have merged about ten of your posts.
Thank you for your reply and help. I've now been contacted by 1 irish VM line provider. I've had a UK s8Y provider provide a trial line but although the service was good value and decent quality it did not include RTE's TV3 etc. I'm hoping an irish s8y line provider will have irisg tv stations but not sure.

Many thanks.

Okay guys a little update for ROI members having similar issues as me.

Vm lines are available in ROI but generally rare enough. Sky lines are considerably cheaper however channels have obviously been cut back since April 2017 and Irish terriesteial stations are also no longer available as well as all sky channels being removed.

I've ordered a zgemma h5.2tc and will post updates once my vm line is up and running.

Given sky lines do not include Irish channels I will have to continue to look for a steady iptv service that has full epg and doesn't constantly freeze or have screen leakage. Im happy to pay for a premium iptv service so long as the service is of a good standard. So far all the iptv services I've tried have been very disappointing. Best iptv I've used so far is wizard tv on android box (30 day contract).

More updates to follow.

S*y lines will still clear some Irish channels like Premier Sport and EIR Sport channels - probably others I should imagine too.

S*y lines will still clear some Irish channels like Premier Sport and EIR Sport channels - probably others I should imagine too.

Apologies guys, Eir sports is still available on the S*y line. The Irish stations I'm looking for that are no available are:

RTE1
RTE2
TV3
3e
TG4

I believe RTE 1 & 2 + TG4 and a couple of other Irish channels are available FTA on 9e with a C band satellite dish / receiver - speak to a local installer to see what they can do for you :)

putting a build/image together is a lot easier than many realise, guides are on this forum & plenty of help from members should you get stuck, building your own image is by far the best way as you then know whats gone wrong & how to fix it yourself, its all a learning curve & you gain knowledge as you go so IF as you said you like tech I'd highly recommend you look towards making your own image once you feel comfortable with the process (follow the detailed guides & you wont go 'far' wrong)

Hi beakyford. I see people from time to time recommending that people should try creating their own build. I myself currently use Wooshbuild 6 on a H2S in the ROI. What are the advantages to creating your own build? In what way, for example, might it help a person who despite trying five different IPTV providers, is still getting freezing? Thanks.

I see people from time to time recommending that people should try creating their own build

The most important is that by working with your box you get to know how things work & what is needed rather than what can be used, by putting your own build/image together you can identify what has gone wrong & how to fix it, you only use the components you need/want. Builds such as wb6 are great for the novice to just get them going but those builds have far more in them than most need, its the look/feel/interaction that people like & these are all set by the components used such as skins. There are step by step guides on the forum if you want to have a go (make a backup of your box 1st & you can always put it back to how it was inside 5 mins now matter how many times you mess up along the way).
When I made my 1st image/build it took me almost two days as I messed up many times while following guides, learnt my errors & the time came down, I can now put a complete image together inside 2 hrs start to finish, it really is a lot easier than many think...just a process to follow then lots of testing to be sure your havnt missed anything, a handful of components installed in the correct order & you are 90% done its spending the time going through 1001 settings to get the layout how you want it & the making sure everything functions as it should like timers for scanning/picon updators/recordings/timeshift/epg etc that takes the time.

the image/build has no imapct on provider services or the quality of them...a build/image is just the platform those details are entered onto, a fresh bearbones build will make your box respond quickly, I like a fast box as dont want box delays while I sit & wait.

Last edited:
The post about sarosat I have installed this system myself You require 80cm dish and k a band l.n.b which has 23 to 40 mm collar The dish has to be alingned to eutelsat on 9 degrees east The system is expensive to install

Back