IPTV While Travelling

PirateKong

Hey all,

I'm really new to IPTV and this forum, but had a look around and couldn't find anything else posted on this.

I travel quite a lot for work and was wondering how you get your IPTV to work while abroad? Do you need to set up a VPN that connects you to the same IP whether you watch from home or elsewhere? And how does it work if I want to watch from a laptop while travelling but from my android tv dongle at home (never at the same time), would I need to get a multi-device setup?

Happy to remove this if it's not the right place or posted before.

Hey all,

I'm really new to IPTV and this forum, but had a look around and couldn't find anything else posted on this.

I travel quite a lot for work and was wondering how you get your IPTV to work while abroad? Do you need to set up a VPN that connects you to the same IP whether you watch from home or elsewhere? And how does it work if I want to watch from a laptop while travelling but from my android tv dongle at home (never at the same time), would I need to get a multi-device setup?

If it's going to be used on more than one device at the same time you'll need a multiroom line.
I've never had any problems watching mine in France on my android phone or other devices.

I watch mine in the pub or anywhere that has WiFi so definitely not using the same IP address, try it in this country before you travel overseas and if it works, it should work anywhere in the world providing you have a decent connection

You wouldn’t need a multiroom line if wasn’t going to be watched at the same time.
Some providers may have a web player or another alternative is downloading and installing blustacks on your laptop which is an android emulator and you could install an APK into it like smarters xciptv and use that way if laptop can handle it

We do the same in fact taking my nvidia to the states tomorrow. If we go to cornwall to a holiday site where we hire a lodge I just take a 4g router and buy a 1 month unlimited sim. If you are traveling in hotels it might be best to make sure you have a browser on your device as you may need to log into the hotel wifi.

Thanks for all the info, so it seems that it's not as complicated as I thought!

I would only be using it on one device at a time, but was a little confused as I've seen people asking for MAC addresses, so was worried the IPTV would be device locked.

I'm running on macos for my laptop so hoping to use one of the IPTV apps from their app store, or seen some articles about getting it working with VLC.

Thanks for all the info, so it seems that it's not as complicated as I thought!

I would only be using it on one device at a time, but was a little confused as I've seen people asking for MAC addresses, so was worried the IPTV would be device locked.

I'm running on macos for my laptop so hoping to use one of the IPTV apps from their app store, or seen some articles about getting it working with VLC.
What device do you run it off at home

I'd be running it off my projector at home that has it's own manufacturers android dongle.

The projector is the Nebula Cosmos Laser 4K, and the dongle it comes with runs android tv 10.0
Try downloading blustacks bud like mentioned in post #3 and try off your home Wi-Fi to see if your laptop can handle blustacks but as @kegnkiwi has advised try also as some hotel/bedsit Wi-Fi are pants

EDIT could you not take the dongle with you or is if fixed to the projector

Hey all,

Nothing to be concerned about. Just take it and use it.

I travel all over the world with work and I find that sometimes it’s better running it through a VPN. You say you are using Mac - there are some decent apps for iOS if you are taking an iPad /iPhone with you and If you have the adaptor you can plug it straight into a TV and away you go.

We do the same in fact taking my nvidia to the states tomorrow. If we go to cornwall to a holiday site where we hire a lodge I just take a 4g router and buy a 1 month unlimited sim. If you are traveling in hotels it might be best to make sure you have a browser on your device as you may need to log into the hotel wifi.
Haha , just packed a fire stick in my case , we off to Vegas Thursday . Take one every year , IPTV works perfectly on the hotel wifi .

Well I'm still in Vegas and the Nvidia does not work in the Samsung TV's in the Venetian :(
I have a time share at the grand view ( out by the south point ). Have never taken a shield over but fire stick works great. I wonder what is there n a Samsung tv that stops a set top box working ? Is it the wifi ? have you tried using your phone as a hotspot and tethering to that just as a test ?

Take a firestick or equivalent device. Make sure you don't have multi room on your line so it's not IP locked. Check if your location has WiFi or hotspot off mobile data and your good to go on a TV with HDMI

I'm in aTurkey Hotel at the moment and my firestick works a treat even clears iPlayer as well as IPTV, watched 2 Epl games that started 10pm here time.
WiFi goes up and down but every thing goes in sd

The issue is that the TV's are in hotel mode I believe. They use a special none Samsung remote with no input selector. I found a hdmi slot out it in and even found a hdmi 1 and 2 in the TV guide menu. Neither of these work. The hotel is that busy I cannot be bothered going to reception to ask.

Back