Is there another box that equals Gigablue uhd ue 4k

The Uno does not have a spare tuner slot so that is what tipped me towards the UE.

Been a Vu+ man for a lot of years im happy with the UE.

I have ordered now same as your but went for single tuner as PnP so I can use Lnb out option if needed.

I am Vu+ fan so was hard decision but the end of day extra tuner and multi boot tipped me to go for GB.

Vu Uno hdmi input , better remote and sliding hdd compartment was very tempting though but hopefully made a good decision!!!

Thanks for your advice and no doubt will be asking more questions to setup my new toy...

Congratulations on your new purchase I'm sure you'll love it.

If the quality of the remote is essential to you then the Gigablue Quad 4K, with it's steel central buttons around the D pad, is imo a bit classier looking than it's Gigablue UE 4K counterpart.

Functionality wise it's essentially the same remote. I have the Quad 4K and my dad has the UE 4K. So I've tested each and they both work with the other box and are both also sold separately.

My biggest gripe is the combined TV /radio button although both are still superior to the Zgemma remote.

Congratulations on your new purchase I'm sure you'll love it.

If the quality of the remote is essential to you then the Gigablue Quad 4K, with it's steel central buttons around the D pad, is imo a bit classier looking than it's Gigablue UE 4K counterpart.

Functionality wise it's essentially the same remote. I have the Quad 4K and my dad has the UE 4K. So I've tested each and they both work with the other box and are both also sold separately.

My biggest gripe is the combined TV /radio button although both are still superior to the Zgemma remote.

Thanks Mate,

received my new box and now setting it up. few quick questions

How to do I pair the remote with my Sony TV. I am assuming this remote will work with my tv but do I need any code for the tv?

Do you know if I can use 3.5inch internal HDD . I have a spare 2TB HDD which I can use but dont want to open the box if it wouldt fit.

Cheers

Thanks Mate,

How to do I pair the remote with my Sony TV. I am assuming this remote will work with my tv but do I need any code for the tv?

Do you know if I can use 3.5inch internal HDD . I have a spare 2TB HDD which I can use but dont want to open the box if it wouldt fit.

Cheers
No not without moding which you would not want to do inside warranty . Then there is the extra power needed on the 3.5.

Thanks Mate,

Cheers
The remote is a universal one so in theory yes

See the attached English manual for the 4K Quad but setup for the remote should be the same.

Attachments

• GiGaBlue_UHD_Quad_4K_Manual_eng_quad4k18122017.pdf
    9.6 MB · Views: 12
Nice one.

Have you gone with a Unicable LNB yet ?
Not planning to as not into recording programmes. Most of them are on catch up anyway so will be unnecessary spend . I may have to change cabling as per Abu's suggestion some point so will think at that time if upgrading lnb is worth.

I have multi lnb setup on my fixed dish so if I were to change then will have to change all lnbs to unicable or just can do only 28e?

How many sat positions do you have ? Did you purchase the extra s2 tuner ?

If you not recording and watching at the same time off the same sat i guess you dont need Unicable LNB's

How many sat positions do you have ? Did you purchase the extra s2 tuner ?

If you not recording and watching at the same time off the same sat i guess you dont need Unicable LNB's
28 and 23.5 on fixed and 1m motor for everything else.

Went for Single tuner which is connected with my motorised and 1 of FBC tuners on fixed

Yes mate no blind scan with FBC tuners but with the s2 tuner blind scan works fine well, well as well as blindscan works with any E2 box anyway.

That is my setup the UE with an s2 tuner in the spare slot best of both worlds.

The Octagon ive been recommending since purchasing one after its release great box no FBC tuners obviously but if you dont need FBC tuners and dont mind an external HDD then its a very good option but not in the same league as the UE.

@Ferret. hi mate, which image you are using on your box? I am trying to blind scan using my PnP tuner (S2X Nim TS2L08) but does not do anything in OpenATV/Open PLI or team blue images. Do I need to enable anything first? getting ready for hunting boxing feeds tonight!!!

Back