Italy 793 deaths in one day!

Clearly they are not reporting confirmed deaths over there which is understandable as you dont want to create mass panic.

I suppose if you look on the bright side if 670,000 people get it in the UK that is still only a 1% chance

I suppose if you look on the bright side if 670,000 people get it in the UK that is still only a 1% chance
A 1% chance of what? Actually getting it?
1% of that 670,000 will probably die and about 10% of them will need hospitalising...6700 deaths if we keep it to 670,000

Well the countries population is around 67 million.

670,000 is 1% and based on the stats 6700 people will die. I do hope we see nothing like those sort of numbers.

Well the countries population is around 67 million.

670,000 is 1% and based on the stats 6700 people will die. I do hope we see nothing like those sort of numbers.
Yes but 67,000 will need to go in hospital, this is what they're trying to spread out over time.
They have 5,000 ventilators.
Some good news on that front, G-tech, the firm that makes lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners has switched production over to ventilators and finished prototype and in testing, he reckons he can produce a thousand a day.
McLaren the F1 people are also very near to being able to churn them out, I can imagine the demand globally will be immense, obviously once the uk has enough

I think the goverment is also taking beds from the private sector aswell.

I checked with my daughter about PPE as she is a student nurse and they have all that in place

Are you out in Spain?

Italy has the oldest population in Europe, with about 23% of residents 65 or older. Considering this virus seems to prey on the vulnerable and elderly, those that are susceptible to complications would explain why they have suffered more deaths than other Countries.

It's coming imo and it's going to get as bad as Italy everywhere soon. The only thing that seems to be working is isolation and everyone should take it seriously to try and slow it down.
It's working in China with only 7 new cases today which is a huge drop over the past couple of weeks.
It will have to be forced like other Counties have done before we see an improvement unfortunately. I'll give it 2 weeks. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think the goverment is also taking beds from the private sector aswell.

I checked with my daughter about PPE as she is a student nurse and they have all that in place

Are you out in Spain?
No I'm in the UK.
Yes the NHS will be utilising private hospital beds and also their staff for the duration of the pandemic

People across my house were having a big party till after midnight. Loads of people as well cramped in tight area. Guess with no pubs, clubs etc to go to lets party at a friends house.

Clearly some dont care and think this is not serious and same people may regret later down the line.

ciao ragazzi in italia ci sono tanti casi perchè abbiamo fatto 500.000 tamponi,in tutta europa pochissimi,ed è per questo che ci sono pochi casi.......vedrete che tra 10 giorni ci saranno 10 volte in piu i casi in tutta l europa!!!!! l unica salvezza è stare in casa!!!!!!!in inghilterra non l hanno ancora capito......bisogna chiudere tutto!!!!! solo alimentari ed farmacie.........

hello guys in Italy there are many cases because we made 500,000 swabs, very few in Europe, and that's why there are few cases ....... you will see that in 10 days there will be 10 times more cases in all Europe !!!!! the only salvation is staying at home !!!!!!! in england they have not understood yet ...... we have to close everything !!!!! only food and pharmacies .........

My parents work in the NHS and the PPE they’ve been given is inadequate in my opinion.

I’ve experience using protective suits and masks/respirators where I work on a daily basis and I’m not convinced by what they are wearing.

hello guys in Italy there are many cases because we made 500,000 swabs, very few in Europe, and that's why there are few cases ....... you will see that in 10 days there will be 10 times more cases in all Europe !!!!! the only salvation is staying at home !!!!!!! in england they have not understood yet ...... we have to close everything !!!!! only food and pharmacies .........

from the noise i hear this is the next step happening in the next few days. we await to hear from BJ, our friend Boris Johnson

Denmark closed the borders last saturday, 14th March
pubs cafes etc closed on 16th , indefinitely, until april 13th at earliest.
food shops etc all have hand sanitising liquid and disposable gloves on entry, lines on the floor every 1.5-2m that you cant cross until the next line is clear

We are now living in very worrying times indeed, this covi19 is spreading like wildfire.
Stay inside, keep warm and keep informed.
The army will be on the streets within the week as we in the UK lock down.
Fingers crossed we make it through.

Was due to bring my mother down today, she called saying can't make it. Terrible cough and sore throat and hes been at the bingo all week lol
Now I can't go near her for 7 days at least nor can anyone really as we don't know whether it is or it isn't
This is the problem with not testing and being told to stay home and do feck all
Hope shes okay dude, if she gets any worse and it was my mum I'd go see her regardless of what the PM says you only got one mum.

Back