Just ordered the XRS4900.

The xrs4900 is well made but it's getting bad reports from users because it's only had 1 or 2 updates the last 12months,buzz only have a small team to fix issues but they release a new box every other week which explains the wait in fw updates,I sent mines bck after 4weeks because of bugs
@HASH70. The reason you was not getting regular updates is because you was not on beta. Beta has had updates regularly for the past year and half. All Buzztv 5 models received public updates recently and to date the amount of work gone in is enormous. The buzztv developer team isn't small, they have plenty of devs, there focus was rolling out public versions when beta was finalised. Any customers on a public version wanted to have an update such as beta had been given this upon request.

here you can see the level of work done: BUZZTV 5 FIRMWARE UPDATES - AVAILABLE HERE

Last edited:
hi, i went from a zgemma to the a fire tv cube, its the 4k ultra hd cube, its not as clunky and its much more reliable than the zgemma, but i could record vod etc on the zgemma and i cant on the cube,
recording vod suited us, when we go away i used to take a few recordings with us, can you record onto an external hd with the XRS 4900, are you happy with yours

yes I used all Buzztv including the Essentials E2 and all worked perfectly including recording. The 4900m Is top end and remains my favorite

@HASH70. The reason you was not getting regular updates is because you was not on beta. Beta has had updates regularly for the past year and half. All Buzztv 5 models received public updates recently and to date the amount of work gone in is enormous. The buzztv developer team isn't small, they have plenty of devs, there focus was rolling out public versions when beta was finalised. Any customers on a public version wanted to have an update such as beta had been given this upon request.

here you can see the level of work done: BUZZTV 5 FIRMWARE UPDATES - AVAILABLE HERE
That's not my experience or others,don't know about now but when I had the xrs4900 it didn't support auto frame rate so everything stuttered,timeshift didn't work/audio passthrough was hit and miss and I tried every single player app,there forum and.youtube is full of similar complaints,they've had a lot angry customers on there stb forum asking them to stop releasing a new box every other week and fix the issues first on the current box's,there response to that was to release another 3 new box's over the last couple of months,like I said before great hardware but everybody knows there response to there users software issues ain't great,I sent mines back and switched to formuler which has also had the odd issue but not on buzz level

@HASH70. Timeshift, Auto Frame Rate all worked, if it didnt work for you then you had the option to reach out to us then so we could have sent a new firmware or offered support. LOL YouTube works faultlessly even on first public version on XRS4900. We probably know why it didn't work for you. Making a statement 'everyone' knows is your opinion not everyone else's.

Fully agree as never had any issue and many of my friends bought from seller kuul and no one had same experience.
So could be something else

Back