Just ordered the XRS4900.

I could test it later since I am at work and report back tonight I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t it has 3 USB ports

I could test it later since I am at work and report back tonight I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t it has 3 USB ports
Recording IPTV isn't like recording satellite channels, if you only have a single connection line, you may be able to record the channel you are watching but it's not guaranteed.
To watch one and record another needs a twin connection line and again, it's 50-50 whether it records or not

Recording IPTV isn't like recording satellite channels, if you only have a single connection line, you may be able to record the channel you are watching but it's not guaranteed.
To watch one and record another needs a twin connection line and again, it's 50-50 whether it records or not
Yeah this is something I need to look into, having the box less than 2 days I have a lot to learn, my next task is getting a VPN

Well to be honest I already have a VPN that I bought 5 years ago on Black Friday for a 5 year deal and I think I might do the same offer, at least then the VPN is mine and not an invite but thanks.

I paid £59 with PureVPN and I have been more than happy so if I can see the same deal this year I will take them up on it.

VPN’s if you get the right company are pretty decently priced.

Well to be honest I already have a VPN that I bought 5 years ago on Black Friday for a 5 year deal and I think I might do the same offer, at least then the VPN is mine and not an invite but thanks.

I paid £59 with PureVPN and I have been more than happy so if I can see the same deal this year I will take them up on it.

It's a two year VPN for £5.50, it works fine, I've got it myself

Some iptv providers you don’t even need a vpn and as for recording most use catchup some will go back 3-7 days maybe in sd but better than a recording failing with iptv

hi, i went from a zgemma to the a fire tv cube, its the 4k ultra hd cube, its not as clunky and its much more reliable than the zgemma, but i could record vod etc on the zgemma and i cant on the cube,
recording vod suited us, when we go away i used to take a few recordings with us, can you record onto an external hd with the XRS 4900, are you happy with yours

Yes. The BuzzTV XRS4900 provides excellent recording. I use this feature a lot. I have lots saved on an external HDD.
It also has a smart EPG and I can schedule recordings based on the EPG and it does it perfectly.

This is an excellent box for IPTV and the picture quality I am getting is rivalling satellite. The only annoying thing for
me is that it goes through a lengthy login/upload process every time you reboot the box. I routinely reboot at least
once a week just as a matter of course.

Overall - big thumbs up.

hi, the cube is v stable compared to the gemma . the cube uses an app named perfect media, like i said we go away to our carvan and cant take any recordings, that the only downside

Do you mean 300MB

That will be fine 20mb is all that is really needed for IPTV and you could get away with on most subs.
Both my brothers have the Zgemma devices, and have managed to use the open atv and whooshbuilder apps to provide a different feel/skin/menu, but I could not see any support from Open atv for the buzz tv xrs4900. But perhaps it’s referenced under another name, maybe, or maybe not supported yet. I’ll have to find out for sure before ordering one, otherwise will have to go with what my bro’s are using.

Both my brothers have the Zgemma devices, and have managed to use the open atv and whooshbuilder apps to provide a different feel/skin/menu, but I could not see any support from Open atv for the buzz tv xrs4900. But perhaps it’s referenced under another name, maybe, or maybe not supported yet. I’ll have to find out for sure before ordering one, otherwise will have to go with what my bro’s are using.
The buzz is not an e2 box like the Zgemma

Do you mean 300MB

That will be fine 20mb is all that is really needed for IPTV and you could get away with on most subs.
Yeah, I meant Mbps, not sure why I put GB. A speed check says I have 370 Mbps, so more than enough for a few devices. Thanks for the reply.

The buzz is not an e2 box like the Zgemma
Ok, I’m a nube, so will have to find out what E2 is and what it means. I’ll have to investigate if the Sky interface can be used somehow using this device. The buzz tv box has been around for a year or more so maybe there is a solution. Will check the buzz tv specific forum.

Ok, I’m a nube, so will have to find out what E2 is and what it means. I’ll have to investigate if the Sky interface can be used somehow using this device. The buzz tv box has been around for a year or more so maybe there is a solution. Will check the buzz tv specific forum.
E2 stands for enigma2 its a linux based operating system.

The Buzz box runs a Version of Android as its operating system

Basically e2 boxes are satellite where as android boxes are streaming devices.
The better e2 boxes can do both but are not as easy to set up correctly.

There’s a lot of vpn deals. I use NordVPN, not because of the price, although got a good offer, but because I can use 15 devices with it, so phones, fire sticks, computers all covered using one license. But maybe they all offer multiple devices to this level. I’ve only ever used Nord.

Yeah I always buy mine through a cashback site such as Quidco or TopCashBack then you get a large percentage of the money spent back as cash.

The xrs4900 is well made but it's getting bad reports from users because it's only had 1 or 2 updates the last 12months,buzz only have a small team to fix issues but they release a new box every other week which explains the wait in fw updates,I sent mines bck after 4weeks because of bugs

Buzztv 5 can record LiveTV using the internal memory as well as external memory. Downloading VOD and Series requires an external memory and internal Sata drive whether its SSD or HDD. Please note the internal eMMC memory (128GB) is not for downloading VOD/Series as this would be an overkill, will burn up memory quick.

@JamieLee2k mentioned earlier the white screen when updating apps from app store. This is part of the Android Operating System, we cant mod this. The YouTube crash issue, just make sure all your apps are updated first.

1. Update Aptoide Store First. Open Aptoide Store (Home Screen/App Store) scroll down to updates and if Aptoide shows up as update available then update that first.
  2. Update any other available app updates thereafter, can do this in one go.
If you get an app crash or update fail. Try again step 2 again, or clear cache data for Aptoide store or any apps that has an issue (Home Screen/Settings/Apps/)

Note that different apps perform/receive updates at different stages via the store so its best to regular check, if you clear cache DATA for buzztv 5 you will loose your server credentials and would have to retype this again.

Flickering of image on screen - Check your HDR Policy via your Buzztv Box (Home Screen/Settings/Display), Check cables, Check your TV HDR Policy.

XC Line benefits - If your provider gives you a Multi Line i.e. 2 connections or more than you can get the following:

1. Watch One and Record Another (1x connection for each)
  2. Record Two and watch one of them at the same time.
  3. Record One and Download a VOD or Series
  4. Download Two VOD Movies or Two Series
Note you can even exit buzztv 5 app and allow any of these to work in the background whilst using another app like YouTube.

Back