GrogBuild Just updated to Grogbuild and now box wont do anything.

Hi guys just updated to grogbuild and open atv 6.4 on zgemma sh1. Turn the box on it loads up and then nothing. If I press menu the logo screen goes into the top right corner and the rest of the screen stays black then everything just freezes. Tried reflashing other version of open atv using the stick I always have and it wont flash. Any ideas?

I think it was a 1080 vm skin. I was trying for a few hours to reflash 4 different versions of open atv with no joy so gave up. The box boots up and just freezes instantly, the picture is just the grog logo. Tried 3 different USB sticks and same result everytime, box doesn't recognise any of them.

I think it was a 1080 vm skin. I was trying for a few hours to reflash 4 different versions of open atv with no joy so gave up. The box boots up and just freezes instantly, the picture is just the grog logo. Tried 3 different USB sticks and same result everytime, box doesn't recognise any of them.
download putty and use that to connect to the box, if the box is stuck on 49 you should still be able to connect to it. Once connected, redo grogbuild freerange setup but just choose the virgin-hd skin for now and see what happens

It's not stuck on 49. It loads up fully as in to 100% but nothing ever appears on the screen apart from the grog logo. As soon as it fully loads the time of the front of the box freezes and it just stays like that. I've used putty and it says I have no USB stick initialized, but I do have it in the box because I already used it to get to this part.

It's not stuck on 49. It loads up fully as in to 100% but nothing ever appears on the screen apart from the grog logo. As soon as it fully loads the time of the front of the box freezes and it just stays like that. I've used putty and it says I have no USB stick initialized, but I do have it in the box because I already used it to get to this part.
Format the usb using FAT32 and reflash it with openatv 6.4

so it doesnt come up with a list of bouquets - just favorites?

can you enter a channel number on remote or does that not respond?

Still won't flash. Turn the box on it says boot, holding the power button on the front (tried without doing that as well), standby light changes to green and it starts loading up.
Been using Sandisk Cruze blades 16gb, which I've never had any issues with, can anybody recommend an alternative? Assuming that it has to be the USBs. Cheers

Last edited:
Found a power supply from something else and tried it but same issue. I did notice when I took the USB back out of the box and put it in the computer, it had another 2 folders "movie" and "timeshift" as well as the Zgemma folder. Is that normal?

Put usb in computer
Format it FAT32
Put the flash files on it and flash the box as normal.
It was setup for recording which is why it won't flash

This is after I formatted it already mate. Doesn't matter what USB I use, those folders appear on the stick after I try and flash the box.

so it doesnt come up with a list of bouquets - just favorites?

can you enter a channel number on remote or does that not respond?
Didn't notice this reply earlier. This is all I get, there is no bouquets, no menu, can't type a channel number......nothing. They show the box loads up then when the time appears on the front it just stays like that. The screen never changes at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    833.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    857.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    874.7 KB · Views: 11
do you have usb port on back of box try that also have if using openatv have you added force file to usb. folder

When you've tried flashing the box, is it powered off while the usb is inserted. , then press the front standby button until it days FLSH on the display?
If it's not recognising the usb and just booting up, the box will use the usb as recording hdd hence the two folders appearing

Aye its turned off but FLSH never appears. It just says BOOT then starts loading up 0-99 on the display.

I give up mate is doing my fecking head in!

have you tried repeating the grogbuild freerange installation to see if it was just a dodgy install?

Back