Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Since ive reformatted my pc my keyboard seems to have changed a few characters. Looks like it may be an american keyboard. where my @ is in the keyboard it should be above the ' but its above the 2 and the " above the 2 is where the @ key should be. The # should be next to the ' but its above the 3 where my pound sign should be - that ive not found yet. It gets very confusing when you want to type. lol

i have 1234567890-= and abover those are now [email protected]#$%^&*()_+
only the @# are incorrect
[]{} corect
;' correct
\ worng shoudl be the #
above those characters :"| ("| are worng the " shoudl be the @ key)
,./ correct
<>? correct

so i cannot see any key that has the pound sign

can anyone help me as to how to get it back to an English keyboard or tell me if i can change any charecters

thanks
im fed up with typing emailaddress"blah blah blah instead of [email protected] blah blah

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since ive reformatted my pc my keyboard seems to have changed a few characters. Looks like it may be an american keyboard. where my @ is in the keyboard it should be above the ' but its above the 2 and the " above the 2 is where the @ key should be. The # should be next to the ' but its above the 3 where my pound sign should be - that ive not found yet. It gets very confusing when you want to type. lol

i have 1234567890-= and abover those are now [email protected]#$%^&*()_+
only the @# are incorrect
[]{} corect
;' correct
\ worng shoudl be the #
above those characters :"| ("| are worng the " shoudl be the @ key)
,./ correct
<>? correct

so i cannot see any key that has the pound sign

can anyone help me as to how to get it back to an English keyboard or tell me if i can change any charecters

thanks
im fed up with typing emailaddress"blah blah blah instead of [email protected] blah blah

Answered that in detail here 3 days ago Linny, wakey wakey LOL!

-

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
"@#£

oh thanks you had mad now life is a bit easier lol! had to reboot after changing but now im happy my keyboard is back. just the rest of my life i need back now but getting there :laughing:

sorry Gman did not see that post. ( My bad :( )

Last edited:

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
well weather here is good today but we had the monsoon again last week lol and i was flooded in my garage!

But yes getting there. Hopefully by next week my pc will be back to normal. Ive just got to get to grips now with finding a FF theme i like lol - cant remember what i had on the other one. Plus got a few probs with sizing it now matter what i change it to i switch off restart and sometimes it changes it or ask if FF is my default browser ( same with my email) i check the box to say dont ask again but it does lol!
just a few more silly annoying things. Plus all my bookmarks passwords etc - grrr!!!!!
Means i have to look up my info in my book lol.

Im to used to things working exactly as i want and dont like change!

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
well weather here is good today but we had the monsoon again last week lol and i was flooded in my garage!

But yes getting there. Hopefully by next week my pc will be back to normal. Ive just got to get to grips now with finding a FF theme i like lol - cant remember what i had on the other one. Plus got a few probs with sizing it now matter what i change it to i switch off restart and sometimes it changes it or ask if FF is my default browser ( same with my email) i check the box to say dont ask again but it does lol!
just a few more silly annoying things. Plus all my bookmarks passwords etc - grrr!!!!!
Means i have to look up my info in my book lol.

Im to used to things working exactly as i want and dont like change!

Right click the START button

Choose "PROPERTIES"

Click the "CUSTOMIZE" button

Set your defaults at the bottom of that window (see Pic).

-

hadmad

VIP Member
im the same when mine goes down but i have a network box and all is saved in there so it aint to bad but i do feel for you m8

Last edited: