Keyboard

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Since ive reformatted my pc my keyboard seems to have changed a few characters. Looks like it may be an american keyboard. where my @ is in the keyboard it should be above the ' but its above the 2 and the " above the 2 is where the @ key should be. The # should be next to the ' but its above the 3 where my pound sign should be - that ive not found yet. It gets very confusing when you want to type. lol

i have 1234567890-= and abover those are now !@#$%^&*()_+
only the @# are incorrect
[]{} corect
;' correct
\ worng shoudl be the #
above those characters :"| ("| are worng the " shoudl be the @ key)
,./ correct
<>? correct

so i cannot see any key that has the pound sign

can anyone help me as to how to get it back to an English keyboard or tell me if i can change any charecters

thanks
im fed up with typing emailaddress"blah blah blah instead of emailaddress@blah blah blah

Since ive reformatted my pc my keyboard seems to have changed a few characters. Looks like it may be an american keyboard. where my @ is in the keyboard it should be above the ' but its above the 2 and the " above the 2 is where the @ key should be. The # should be next to the ' but its above the 3 where my pound sign should be - that ive not found yet. It gets very confusing when you want to type. lol

i have 1234567890-= and abover those are now !@#$%^&*()_+
only the @# are incorrect
[]{} corect
;' correct
\ worng shoudl be the #
above those characters :"| ("| are worng the " shoudl be the @ key)
,./ correct
<>? correct

so i cannot see any key that has the pound sign

can anyone help me as to how to get it back to an English keyboard or tell me if i can change any charecters

thanks
im fed up with typing emailaddress"blah blah blah instead of emailaddress@blah blah blah

Answered that in detail here 3 days ago Linny, wakey wakey LOL!

-

"@#£

oh thanks you had mad now life is a bit easier lol! had to reboot after changing but now im happy my keyboard is back. just the rest of my life i need back now but getting there :laughing:

sorry Gman did not see that post. ( My bad :( )

Last edited:
well weather here is good today but we had the monsoon again last week lol and i was flooded in my garage!

But yes getting there. Hopefully by next week my pc will be back to normal. Ive just got to get to grips now with finding a FF theme i like lol - cant remember what i had on the other one. Plus got a few probs with sizing it now matter what i change it to i switch off restart and sometimes it changes it or ask if FF is my default browser ( same with my email) i check the box to say dont ask again but it does lol!
just a few more silly annoying things. Plus all my bookmarks passwords etc - grrr!!!!!
Means i have to look up my info in my book lol.

Im to used to things working exactly as i want and dont like change!

well weather here is good today but we had the monsoon again last week lol and i was flooded in my garage!

But yes getting there. Hopefully by next week my pc will be back to normal. Ive just got to get to grips now with finding a FF theme i like lol - cant remember what i had on the other one. Plus got a few probs with sizing it now matter what i change it to i switch off restart and sometimes it changes it or ask if FF is my default browser ( same with my email) i check the box to say dont ask again but it does lol!
just a few more silly annoying things. Plus all my bookmarks passwords etc - grrr!!!!!
Means i have to look up my info in my book lol.

Im to used to things working exactly as i want and dont like change!

Right click the START button

Choose "PROPERTIES"

Click the "CUSTOMIZE" button

Set your defaults at the bottom of that window (see Pic).

browserdefault.jpg

-

im the same when mine goes down but i have a network box and all is saved in there so it aint to bad but i do feel for you m8

Last edited:
Back