Kodi box for movies

crocket81

I'm Running a zgemma box for my sky channels which is perfect but the iptv is a little limited for the movies, I'm gonna get a kodi box up to £50 but I don't have a clue which is the best one to get, any help or links would be much appreciated, cheers all

That's the previous version mate, most if not all android boxes come from china, even the one you posted is located in China I think you'll find this is the case with the majority of them

What sort of image would you put on a box like this, any downloads anywhere?
You'd have to look on forums like freaktab for compatible images, but the one mine came with works fine don't think a new image would change the working of the box much anyway.

In my experience if there's nothing wrong with the one you're using don't mess with it as you could be introducing problems that weren't there in the first place.

Last edited:
If you don't want to use banggood use gearbest same box £56 Alfawise H96 Pro+ TV Box Android 6.0 OS-79.25 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Are they in the uk?
No mate as I said earlier most if not all android boxes come from china so you tend to find the price is better buying direct from china.

All you're doing when ordering from someone who says UK is paying more for something that they have ordered from China themselves & charged you more for doing so.

I've ordered from so called UK sellers & the package has still been sent from China. So all most of them are doing is taking your money then ordering from places like gearbest etc.

I agree, I've got a firestick and a firetv box and they both knock spots off the other android boxes I've got.

Any difference between kodi and IPTV player ?
Is it all the same streams available, or is one better than the other?

you're better off getting a firestick and putting Kodi on it.
I disagree most android boxes are a lot better specced than a firestick & work a lot better too, you can't add external storage to a firestick nor does it have usb ports or an ethernet port. I know loads of people who have bought firesticks & are happy with them, but on the other hand i know just as many people who have bought them then replaced them with an android box

Not that clued up on android boxes is this one any good £32 from uk shop
Sumvision boxes are decent enough but you really want 2gb ram rather than the 1gb ram that box comes with, my old sumvision only had 1gb & it struggled with kodi. A similar box for a similar price to the sumvision one you posted but with 2gb ram would be something like this
nORfb4.png

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core Processor-41.47 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

I agree, I've got a firestick and a firetv box and they both knock spots off the other android boxes I've got.
I would prefer the firetv box to the firestick but the specs still don't really compare to some of the newer android boxes that cost less than the £79.99 for the firetv box.

Last edited:
I disagree most android boxes are a lot better specced than a firestick & work a lot better too, you can't add external storage to a firestick nor does it have usb ports or an ethernet port. I know loads of people who have bought firesticks & are happy with them, but on the other hand i know just as many people who have bought them then replaced them with an android box

Not that clued up on android boxes is this one any good £32 from uk shop
Sumvision boxes are decent enough but you really want 2gb ram rather than the 1gb ram that box comes with, my old sumvision only had 1gb & it struggled with kodi. A similar box for a similar price to the sumvision one you posted but with 2gb ram would be something like this
nORfb4.png

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core Processor-41.47 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Cheers mate
I agree i have a firestick
Dont rate it really only use it for vu player
Will check that link now.

Back