Kodi box for movies

Been trough a few mx boxes , I found 2gb ram or more is a good start and gives it a bit more grunt ,, but it comes down to fast internet and skinning the box down as in deleting addons that don't work and apps you don't use , have 12 or so addons in kodi to cover all you needs ie 2 or 3 for films and same for sports etc , the box will a lot smoother , they sell and advertise boxes now fully loaded , but most of it is rubbish and won't work , so it's a case of stripping it down .............

The way I have mine setup is , I don't use builds , have kodi jarvis 16 , once you have fusion installed has most of what you need also have ares wizard installed it's not a build but has builds inside and you can install anyone you like from a list also has a list of addons to choose from , so keeps the nice and simple and running smooth ........

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

I agree with paulie i dont use builds either they clutter up your kodi with addons you dont need. I just install the addons i use on a regular basis Exodus, Phoenix, uk turk, release hub, entertainment hub, iplayer, itv player are a few i use regular.

also have ares wizard installed

That's what I use, a basic Kodi plus a few addons. Added the NAS as video sources and rock solid on an Amazon FireTV box.
Ares also lets you make a backup of your perfect setup that you can then restore on other boxes.

I agree with all the above in terms of cutting down on apps and addons within kodi. Most builds (especially free ones) are packed full of sources that just hang your device whilst they update.

However I do still use a build as I like the layout etc rather than the default kodi setup + addons. I recommend the paradox arctic build, in essence its scaled down to just have the very best free sources (exodus, phoenix, uk turk, salts, itv player etc). I simply run this build on a fire stick and it's plenty quick enough comparing to the previous bloated builds I've had.

the lad keeps on about wanting a firestick for his room (all his mates have them) are they worth it? we use android box in ours and downstairs told him he's better off with one of those but hes not having it

As we were saying in earlier posts , if your Internet speed is good and just skin box or firestick down to a few addons , any of the two will work just fine .....

Back