kryptview a780 problem

choochoo

turned on my box today and did a rescan as couple of channels not been able to watch for a few days, well tried usual factory reset,deleted all old channels,unplugged router,turned off box for 2 minutes,when i get to network id does not find my network ,so did another reset turned off box waited 10 minutes,turned on box no network id detected, just goes to tp allready exists,which is not what i want as i no i need my network or wont pick up any channels,tried this 20 times ,even tried scanning with router connected,can get traffic+weather and have latest firmware, any ideas .

thanks for the reply cactikid but have done all you said allready,when on network does not give me option to select,just starts scanning tps ,then when it gets to 8 stops says its complete and exit ,no channels ,goes back to easy installation page ,have done this many times for friends,family, and my self, but just can not select my network,if i could select my network it would be ok .

sounds like a bad flash try reflashing it with firmwere then update 2 the latist 1 through ur remote

have another look at video,as it gives you 4 providers to choose from,selecting wrong one brings up with wrong data.

thanks again but i no who my provider is and tried the other 3 just incase, but picked up nothing that was watchable ,just seem to get nowhere and back to easy installation page which i can not exit.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

thanks kenny tried 09/09/10 firmware+03/01/11 firmware, then updating to latest 24/4/11 still nothing.something wrong with network id says 7 already exist then does not give me option to select any, just starts scanning the 8tps.

where is your coaxial cable?are you paying a tv sub,if not you may have been cutoff or local breakdown.

paying minimum package,tried there box working ok only get fta stuff anyway.but,hope its local breakdown of some sort,checked there website nothing on it,never says outage but had outages before and no one ever tells you on there website ,just about tried everything i can think of .

done all of the above reset,power off,back on ,selected provider,then select network, green button scan, but when scanning goes to network id allready exist 7 found , but none named if that makes sense, no place name ,just goes to tp 8 found ,then finding channels none found, complete exit, press exit and back to the beginning easy installation page, can not select any network, usually works fine but since yesterday night nothing ,

maybe try at a mates house that has a live feed and internet,if it works there you will know its a problem at your end.

First disconnect the virgin cable into the back of the box, now do a factory default on the box MENU >> INSTALLATION >>> FACTORY DEFAULT SAY YES and press ok, next thing turn the box off at the back, then do a new scan with the cable feed disconnected, after that put the cable feed back in and do an auto scan, on the top box you scan on your previous provider if it was not virgin, next box cable scan NETWORK then press green button, and wait for your list of areas to show, pick yours and press ok and just leave the box alone.

thanks for the post boxt but nothing works ,its a problem on there end ,as the house phone would not work last night ,so i went out to the box in the street and saw one of my neighbours who said on saturday afternoon same vm guys were doing something to the box ,adding new cables etc ,think they messed up something as phone and tv package not working but luckily broadband ok

Disconnect your BB and connect your kv there then do a scan on your box, once you have the channels you will at least know they are there, after that all you need to do is wait until your cable is sorted and then connect back up job done.

when i connect box to bb can not get my network,or any network just says allready exists on network id ,so no channels.

You have not followed the post i made above, if you dont do as i have said your wasting your time posting, and people replying to you.

i tried what you said earlier, but without the option to select a network not going to get any channels.

Back