Kryptview A780 Problem.

Papalzru

Hi, firstly can I just say I am a bit of a noob and don`t fully understand the kryptview but I have done a lot of reading and have fixed a few problems Ive had by myself. the problem Im having now I just cant solve, so please believe me that I have tried before posting.

Just recently bought a Kryptview A780 after being without a Cable box since Nagra3 came into action (had a starview PVR).

I believe I have the latest firmware flashed as my system info reads :

11/11/2012
Kryptview A780 pv4.105
v3.0.0

I found my network ID from my tivo box and then I matched it to one on the Kryptview which brought as far as I can see, all channels available and had put them all in order.

My problem is glitching. Its happening approx every 30-40 seconds, its only a 1 second glitch but its so often and it makes a horrible noise that its really unwatchable. This is on all channels and sometimes it even says "scrambled or no video" for a few seconds.

My setup is :

Cable from box on the wall to a 2 way splitter. Then 1 cable to my Super hub and 1 cable to my Kryptview. I`m on 30mb broadband and have tried it with nothing else running i.e. streaming or downloading. Nothing improves it.

I have no problems with my tivo, laptop or xbox 360 when it comes to viewing, downloading, xbox live or streaming.

When I was searching for the channels, I remember my being 77 but every so often spiking to 82 and then down to 52 and then back to 77. When I change channel the "S" bar is always 77 and the "Q" bar is 86.

Ive tried replacing the ethernet cable and the scart cable and still no luck. I have also noticed that the FTA channels do not glitch at all.

A member of another site suggested turning off the wifi on my superhub but unfortunately this had no effect either.

I`m thinking maybe an "attenuator"?? I dont really want to be spending money if its not going to be that but I suppose its only a couple of pound. Should I? Do you think it could need that?

Any suggestions that i could try would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

The glitching you describe is I believe down to the server. Mine has been the same for a little while now (every 30\40secs) on a lot of channels, and so I believe you have a nornal working system. Continuous glitching every 5 or 10 secs might suggest a problem but you have explained well and so I believe its a matter of waiting for better server supply.

An attenuator may help in the mean time, but ive never really dabbled with them to be honest and so maybe someone who does might elaborate more on that.

Good to see you have described your problem in detail with good information.

jodav :)

You do not say if you have your correct Net Id for your box, also did you look at your suppliers website for a status update as to problems.

It also seems you have a signal issue with your signal fluctuating up and down, that might need vergin to be called to check this.

The glitching you describe is I believe down to the server. Mine has been the same for a little while now (every 30\40secs) on a lot of channels, and so I believe you have a nornal working system. Continuous glitching every 5 or 10 secs might suggest a problem but you have explained well and so I believe its a matter of waiting for better server supply.

An attenuator may help in the mean time, but ive never really dabbled with them to be honest and so maybe someone who does might elaborate more on that.

Good to see you have described your problem in detail with good information.

Hi Jodav, thanks for your reply. I know this is a stupid question and that you probably have no idea but how often does the server supply change? Are we looking at anytime soon in your opinion.

Ive changed the coaxial cable now and no change, so that rules that out. I`m pretty much out of ideas now. I`m ordering a attenuator now, for the cost its worth a try.

I have noticed the glitch is more severe on different channels. Heres a few Ive noticed

FTA: No Glitch at all.
sky sports 2 : Glitch bewteen 2-4 mins.
Sky 1 : Glitch every 30-40 seconds.

I`m going to try taking it round to my mothers house as she has v!rg!n too. I suppose if its the same there then it must be a server problem.

Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 01:25 PM ----------

Sorry mate, I didnt ignore your message in the last post, we must of posted at the same time.

Yeah I have the correct Net ID mate, I mentioned in my first post that i got it from my tivo box, you probably missed it because i did jabber on a bit,lol. I didnt originally because I thought you just clicked the nearest region to you. when I chose the nearest region i had channels missing, channels all out of order and the glitching. After reading about how to find my correct net ID, i rescanned and this fixed everything apart from the glitching.

I bought the box Used from ebay, so i havent got a supplier website. Is their a website that has server status updates for different regions I could check?

I dont think ringing Vergin is an option as my normal tivo box works fine so i dont really have any reson to give them to why they should come out.

would a signal booster help stabilse the signal and if so, whats a good booster for cable?

cheers for the reply and any help you can give me.

You do not say if you have your correct Net Id for your box, also did you look at your suppliers website for a status update as to problems.

It also seems you have a signal issue with your signal fluctuating up and down, that might need vergin to be called to check this.

Hi Papalzru

Just checked your mentioned channels and hey presto, exactly as you have described. Experience tells me that this can last for days or weeks. I agree that for the cost of an attenuator its worth a try, I suppose it is dependant as to what is wrong with the server supply as if it will help etc. It will be very interesting to find out so let me know if you care to take the time bud.

I am all for total elimination as much as possible. No ideas are bad ideas as far as problem solving is concerned, always keep an open mind as one track vision can be time consuming\wasting in the long run. So trying it around another property is a great idea.

Edit
HTML:
https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status?checklocation

Good Luck,

Last edited:
Cheers for the help mate, I`ll wait til after Ive tried it at my mothers house and after Ive tried the Attenuator to post back. I promise i`ll share my findings.

fingers crossed its fixed soon.

Cheers

At the time of this posting, it looks like the problem has been addressed as at present boxes are much better Papalzru.

We will see what they are like tomorrow and keep fingers crossed, but dont count your chickens just yet.

At the time of this posting, it looks like the problem has been addressed as at present boxes are much better Papalzru.

We will see what they are like tomorrow and keep fingers crossed, but dont count your chickens just yet.

Ive just turned on Sky 1, which has been the worst channel by far and its perfect! I`m over the moon! is that it sorted then jodav?

It looks like it Papalzru, this happens from time to time with the Kryptview server. But they generaly address it in good time.

Happy viewing bud,

Cheers Jodav, Although not as good as i had it with SV b4 nagra3, I am clued up enough to know it was never gonna be so it is still great and I`m very happy with the occasional glitch.

cheers for your help mate, your a credit to the site.

all the best

Oh yes box,,still FREE.. and The sweeney with Plan B is on sky events.. more FREENESS (not sure if there is such a word but you never know.. lol)

I have had this exact same problem ever since I have had this KV box. It comes and then sometimes it goes for a very short amount of time. Then its back again. Extremely frustrating. It got so bad that I unplugged it and put the Vermin box back in! Plugged it back in again today and it is still the same.

Just recorded it on my phone for 1 minute ant it glitched at least 5 times!

I know its free in comparison to SV but I cannot watch it like this. When I hear ppl are having no problems with it at all, that frustrates me even more!

I cant help but feel that i am doing something wrong but I don't think I am!

have you checked the vm site for problems,what are your signal and level qualities what firmware is on box and what way your set up is done,got a superhub? its all there on other threads posted before.

I know, one of them was a topic that I started. Vermin TV, and BB both work fine.

I am watcing the Everton vs Man City game now and I bet you that if I were to guess, it will glitch somewhere in the region of 400-500 times. I have the right firmware, the only splitter that I have is the one that comes into the house, one to KV box and one to the router.

It really is unbearable, some channels are worse than others like but its so frustrating!

mines been doing same, checked vm site bb good tv/fault with catch up or on demand, have trird retuning a few times, then end up losing channs, then do it again an get them back, always have same amount of tps, but lose ss1&3, or 4, then do a retune by straight feed from wall, delete all channs, delete all saats, factory reset, get them all back, but today my signal is only at 52 normaly 68, so i assume it is the vm fault on tv/ hence the glitching

seen a post elsewhere where vm are throttling bb speeds and even affecting sat with c/s in an area.

who is not using vm broadband and is/or /not having problems.

Back