Kryptview A850 Stuck at 'ON' after flashing with the latest firmware

Originally the Phoenix HD A850 cable box was displaying channel numbers and could not get a picture so tried to load the firmware via rs232 null modem cable and the firmware loads without trouble but then when box re-boots it just stays stuck at ON and does nothing. Could someone PLEASE give me the FTA official firmware for Phoenix HD A850 software to load via RS232 just so I can check whether it will take it or not.
Thanks......

Last edited:
are you sure you have the A850 as this box is flashed by usb. also are you choosing the correct provider and correct net id once flashed updates are done via internet upgrade

Hi Thebigcheese
There is a firmware upgrade via rs232 in downloads section. Tried via the rs232 9 pin connector on the back of the receiver.
Could not get picture on screen so could not update via menus or going online and so tried this method and now always stuck at ON and does not go past this on display so all I can think of is it must be firmware related issue because this has started after trying the newer firmwares via rs232 so if I could try an official FTA firmware via rs232 and see what happens, some starting point I guess.
Thanks...................

I think you have downloaded the A780 firmware post back firmware date. don't think any mention of using rs cable for A850, not had this box now for over 6 mohths

---------- Post Merged at 01:08 PM ----------

sorry you are correct just checked download section I never had this problem, let me think

Should have saved the firmware from the receiver first but did not think of this until it was too late:beg: Wont make this mistake ever again. Don't know whether the firmware already on receiver was any good anyway could have been corrupt, hence the picture problem.....

sorry didn't paste link correctly, cant find it now and have to go out
type in search above kryptview a850 flashing problems just scroll down each page until found
all answers their

type in search above kryptview a850 flashing problems just scroll down each page until found
all answers their

this is what you need to do. On the loader Select the com port
Press Browse and select the A850C_FW_V1.01.06.img file that is included.
Power off your A850 then press Send on the Loader then turn the A850 back on.

---------- Post Merged at 03:58 PM ----------

all answers their

this is what you need to do. On the loader Select the com port
Press Browse and select the A850C_FW_V1.01.06.img file that is included.
Power off your A850 then press Send on the Loader then turn the A850 back on.

if box flashes you will need to internet upgrade, channel search etc

Hi again, when I flashed the receiver yesterday using following files off digital kaos downloads section, I first tried the following using rs232:
kryptview a850 hd 26052014 file : Then it was stuck at ON AND THEN i TRIED the second file:
A850 HD 232 Serial Flash Tool : Serial Flash Tool For A850 HD Boxes Stuck on "ON". USING RS232 AS WELL
After this it was still stuck at ON, tHIS IS WHY i WANTED TO TRY A FTA firmware and see if This sorted it.....
Any suggestions welcome.....
Thanks

You do have a null modem cable.,.and not a R232 cable..! As they look identical..but only the null cable works If in doubt..Lincsat..2.99 just covering all angles cw.. Ted

Hi lads thanks for responding

If I had the wrong type of lead would it still download to the receiver because when I run the loader then it transfers to the receiver and the receiver starts counting upto 100(100%) display shows u99 when completed and then says (end) and then does a reboot and then "ON" AND STAYS STUCK AT THIS. I am using the rs232 download from downloads section. Wanted to try a FTA firmware into it to see what happens but cannot find this anywhere...

---------- Post Merged at 11:29 PM ----------

Hi
Can somebody give me a FTA firmware copy of the backup they originally made when putting the cable firmware on.
Thanks in advance, will try again tomorrow roflmao

Last edited:
flashing the 850 is by usb only loading any updated image by null modem will brick your box,the on fix has the firmware included to be used with downloader and null modem cable only.
you will be lucky if you get box working again by not following the stickies/guides=costly mistake.

Last edited:
Does the 850 have a box to box data download feature like the 780... ? If it does then that is another option !

ted I cant remember if you can do a box to box with 850.
I think he should be ok loading with serial flash tool and null cable, should have checked this forum first,
looked at digital kaos site you have to search for 850 flash guides, the 780 is on their first sticky, im convinced
codewizard flashed that software, should have looked here best fourm guides for all boxes

So TBC or cactikid can the 850 not just reload with firmware using USB/null modem method etc and then net I'd and scan or is it more involved.. Curious as I don't have one but Christmas is coming and that..!! So you never know folks..!

Back