Kryptview A850 Stuck at 'ON' after flashing with the latest firmware

Hi lads cactikid is bang on the ball, the 850 now bricked, be very careful with the firmware selection otherwise its game over, tried the correct firmware after, it accepts the firmware but does exactly the same so be very very careful, very costly mistake. I will try one last thing.........and see what happens.... :boom:

Codew it might not be curtains for your box.. I was repairing a couple of 780' s and if I put the wrong type of firmware on it would just say ON... But I could just reload via null cable and correct bin file it would be gone and it would start counting..!! That's another issue..!! Lol

The laptop and null cable would allow me to rewrite firmware as many times as possible over and over again on the 780... I would think it was the same for 850 but I might be wrong... Ted

I think your right TED, it is re-writable, Ive tried several times with the correct firmware now via the cable but too late now I guess, damage already done, it does go in but still stays stuck at 'ON' when it re-boots. The receiver displays 'END' after downloading the correct firmware and then displays 'BOOT' AND THEN stays stuck at 'ON'. Experiment time :whacko: Lol

I have a 780 here with me right now that is stuck on.."ON" and that's with the wrong firmware.. When I flash with correct firmware it just loops from 0000 up to 0200 and then back to 0000 again and then just repeats itself.. If you decide to sling it out shout me as I like a good project.. But they can really wind you up when they don't work...!! I still think the firmware is wrong date and the box ain't cooked yet.. Just a feeling..!!

the 850 was not designed to use null modem cable firmware but advanced to using the usb only,only thing as i said is to keep trying the on fix by null modem cable only,in the sv days might have to try about 15 times before it would take,remove cable and lan cable feeds first,failing that try contacting supplier for a fix.
the same fix should be on the other forums like dk and kv when asked as it was to stop people bricking their box using other firmware.
like the 780 box off and download file and power on and report back.

Back