laptop screen

red devil

ok here is a quick one guys
any way i can seperate the screen from old laptops and use them as monitors
or do i need to leave it intact ie power issues
just a little project i was thinkin of doin if its possible ???

Well, the Inverter & back-light would need to be powered & you would also have to deal with marrying the delicate graphics (ribbon cable) to whatever it is you wan to run them on.

Can you elaborate any on what it is you are trying to achieve?

-

Well, the Inverter & back-light would need to be powered & you would also have to deal with marrying the delicate graphics (ribbon cable) to whatever it is you wan to run them on.

Can you elaborate any on what it is you are trying to achieve?

-

have a few old laptops was hopin to do a multi display in kids bedroom with maybe 3 screens built into the walls side by side to play dvd's from pc if possible :)

have a few old laptops was hopin to do a multi display in kids bedroom with maybe 3 screens built into the walls side by side to play dvd's from pc if possible :)

Nice idea but it would be a lot of hassle & quite messy too I'd imagine.

17" - 19" flat screen monitors are very keenly priced these days so I don't think it would be practical to do what you're suggesting even though you have the laptop screens available. Just my opinion though!

-

Nice idea but it would be a lot of hassle & quite messy too I'd imagine.

17" - 19" flat screen monitors are very keenly priced these days so I don't think it would be practical to do what you're suggesting even though you have the laptop screens available. Just my opinion though!

-

no prob thanks for ur advice, lol id get a 40" lcd for the price of 3 monitors tho
so id say the kids are out of luck :)

Gee I don't know if you would?

Dabs have 16" Flat/Wide Screens for €55.99 Ea. LINK:

I'd love a 40" TV for €168 + delivery LOL!.

-

€68 incl p&p for the 16" good link m8 will def consider that
ha ha shops in my area are a rip off
thanks for that :rock on:

Back