latest Nagra

Mr_Spark

Well I have been away a while......

There are some interesting developments on the latest Nagra but mostly work done away from forums and over the waters.

The latest chip is a Atmel custom made for Kudelski for his latest Nagra flavour dubbed N3. interestingly the design is that of SECA; the timing clck for the chip is hard coded into the ROM and uses variable freq ( differing up to 10% from the base freq ); other stable clcks used for comms.

The above make normal glitching almost impossible and the instructions taking different times to exe are also good protection.

There will be cracks in the ROM but 9 out of 10 for Kudelski :)

Meanwhile the UK forums concentrate on C/S; its a shame that the pairing tech was not looked at more by Kudelski to discourage at least the "free tvers" lol

S

you certainly have been away a while Mr sparks, why you been hiding?? lol It is good to see someone is still working on the N3 problem, even if it is overseas. It would seem that it is still some way away though :boo:

seems like MILLION MILES away wheelo. But if true good to see some people working on trying to crack it, once cracked no one can do anything then, all we can do is enjoy and party :)

seems like MILLION MILES away wheelo. But if true good to see some people working on trying to crack it, once cracked no one can do anything then, all we can do is enjoy and party :)

I would not get too excited - If the above problems I mention are sorted and the cct`s broken down and understood then decrypted ( this will need lab work ) then a public hack is unlikely to ever surface from the undeground; the haxers learn from the public release of N1 from Modshack.

S

nice info bud always a pleasure on reading your info, nice to see you back.

I have seen a video somewhere of the lab work necessary for a project like this, the equipment don't come cheap, so as you say it is unlikely to be released to the general public by some hacker in their bedrooms.

if some one ever hack Nagra 3 it will come from europ more or like grammy or russia

Those in the know will tell you that the undeground resides in Spain; the UK is full of people waiting for a hax for free TV and not a hobby; that alone is a lesson learnt from the few Uk haxers with N1 in the UK. It made me smile that N1 was broken in Spain way before we worked out how to port it over to the UK. When we did it spawned everyone wanting free Tv and a bunch of traders.

Its actually little known but with N1 we never actually broke the Algorithym; its just that Kudelski left such a gaping backdoor that we where able to gain keys. On the new N3 we are if ever only going to see Emulation as programming a MOSC is going to be all but impossible.

But as I say if the lab work is done then it will imo stay well undeground.

I find it rather bewildering that Kudelski left the pairing so unprotected; all the methods are known so c/s booms once again feeding the traders.

Cardshare was coded up and working on a Dreambox nearly 2 years ago - but I felt it did little for the hobby other than prove Kudelski had been "slack" on his pairing of CAM.

S

Last edited:
Kudelski i think he russian and the the best coders on the planet

Last edited:
The Kudelski Group is a world leader in digital security and convergent media solutions for the delivery of digital and interactive content. Its technologies are used in a wide range of services and applications requiring access control and rights management to secure the revenue of content owners and service providers for digital television and interactive applications across broadcast, broadband and mobile delivery networks

mr sparks thanks for your insight, i definitely agree, if and when the N3 is hacked it wont be out there for the public, will be available to a small group, and it wont be in the UK anytime soon, will likely to be in Spain, Germany, Russia.

You know your stuff dont you ;) LOL

mr spark

Thanks for info lets hope somebody is clever enought to clone the chip and sell it to joe public

I am then assuming that would end the need for lan into back of boxes and sub's therefor reducing the chances of j.p being traced like the good old days!

cheers

Last edited:
Hunter
[mr spark]
Thanks for info lets hope somebody is clever enought to clone the chip and sell it to joe public
I am then assuming that would end the need for lan into back of boxes and sub's therefor reducing the chances of j.p being traced like the good old days!
cheers [/quote]

Cant see it been made public myself tbh as Mr Sparkes has said it will prob be Spain that will do the hard work, but they will be in no hurry to release it to the outside world, it would defo have to be a leaked.

but why would they do all that research and effort then not to sell that on the market would be prentiful surley

Oh and yes bobbys comment was a corker but we all makes twats of areselves when pissed!

:laughing:

but why would they do all that research and effort then not to sell that on the market

I have never sold anything on a market - for some its the hobby;

People climb Everest - why ? Because its their and a challenge; not for £££££

Far too many made money from the N1 hack in the UK off very few peoples work, who in the main made nothing out of it nor` wanted too

S

Last edited:
Back