latest Nagra

There certainly were some people who made a lot of money from others with the "Dodgy Boxes", me, I never seem to make any money . . . . everlol. I put the latest codes and firmwares on many boxes for friends and colleagues and never made a brass farthing, though I have been promised drinks which I am still waiting on. I personally love knowing how to do those sort of things for the pure "getting one over on the "man"".
People round my way were charging up to €50 to put the latest firmware on the boxes, and if they went two days later had no qualms about charging the same again.

"".
People round my way were charging up to €50 to put the latest firmware on the boxes, and if they went two days later had no qualms about charging the same again.

Totally agree with your attitude and the above is just the tip of the scum traders - Which is why the scene is underground and must stay there; too many looking for free TV or trading and a very few actually bothering to learn.

S

S

only a few bother to learn cos they know what they are doing, this sounds like hi-tech stuff.

Sure everyone can learn, regardless of the knowledge they currently have, might take longer for one person than it will for another, its the attitude and motivation to learn which can go a long way. :) (You might not get there in the end still but you would have learnt alot along the way)

I personally think N3 won't be hitting public. It takes alot of skill to break into an encryption system, the average user would only be like "so how do I get free channels with this box then?"

N3 will be out when it is cracked, but will be well hidden, but im looking forward to that day when it is finally hacked and broken down.

sure anyone can learn but most dont have the desire to. If someone set me off on the right path and with the right tools then i am willing to learn. i love a challenge lol

any one remmber sunrise he a lot knowledge on writeing firmware and hacking

Last edited:
any one remmber sunrise he a lot knowledge on writeing firmware and hacking

Sunrise is not doing too bad; he goes back many years, back to Modshack under diff nics; he spent years late late into the nights painstaikingly teaching me.

Top man and a true Gent

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

N3 will be out when it is cracked, but will be well hidden, but im looking forward to that day when it is finally hacked and broken down.

sure anyone can learn but most dont have the desire to.

The desire/attitude is what splits the leaders from the followers and that goes for most things in life.

Ok lets look how we opened a N1 card; we basically dropped th V+ to fault the card and write a payload ( set of code ) that we used to zero the interupt table, known as bugcatchers and a fixed address set in Rom - i.e. a fixed target.

Once we do this any updates Kudelski had put into the Rom to stop us getting in where nulified - In ya go for keys and BK etc.

On a ROM180 we can not do this, the RAM on a 180 is protected so putting a set of code there is not happening (easily); the clck is not static so we can`t time a attack when we fault the CAM ( it can be faulted btw )

So conventional glitching is out - you may also find many sets of tables and also more keys than you had with N1.

On a ROM180 the code and all memory code moves run through and encryptor so even dumping these is of little use without the maths functions of the encryptor sorted via reverse engineering the electronics to bit by bit extract the Algorithym to use for decrypting workflow.

This is where we need either a lab or some other means; the processor in these N3 cards does not address the memory registers in a direct manner thus making the Algo integral to any progress.

S

True that a lot of work was done in Spain and Germany in the past, but people forget that there were a few people in Ireland working to keep firmwares up to date when changes were made, and they did it for free.
True that the scumbag traders made a bundle of cash, but thanks to the coders here, the ones in the know were able to update the boxes for friends and family for free, or the price of a few pints. Thanks to the likes of sunrise, we were also able to keep the poor unfortunates who got stiffed with cloned boxes going as well.
When it comes to cloned boxes, there were a number of people making a small fortune for jtagging boxes. Thankfully, due to all the crud I had lying around the house, I was able to make a jtag kit for nothing, and sorted a few boxes for people I knew for free, and a few for people I didn't know, as long as they covered the price of the postage.
Back in the good old days, a lot of people gave a fair bit of their time on the forums to help people out.

I've been away too long, must check in here more often. Just throwing in my 2c.

Back