WooshBuild Latest Wooshbuild feed status thumbs down

waspman

Hi folks
Zgemma H7S running latest Wooshbuild.
Box has worked flawlessly throughout, I regularly go to setup/software management/software update to try and keep everything up to date.

But this time it lets me download the list of updates but each one has a man at work logo at the end of the file names, and won't let me install them giving me an "update is reported as faulty message" after I have pressed the green update button
I also notice the feed status shows thumbs down.
Is this the obvious possible file error due to bugs being safe in denying an update, or the less obvious problem with my box?
In all the years I've been using the zgemmas I've never seen this...maybe I've just been lucky.

As always your help guys is much appreciated
Cheers

Possibly outdated base image like openatv 6.2 is no longer supported and feeds maybe offline. See what image it is menu, information, about

Hi folks
Zgemma H7S running latest Wooshbuild.
Box has worked flawlessly throughout, I regularly go to setup/software management/software update to try and keep everything up to date.

But this time it lets me download the list of updates but each one has a man at work logo at the end of the file names, and won't let me install them giving me an "update is reported as faulty message" after I have pressed the green update button
I also notice the feed status shows thumbs down.
Is this the obvious possible file error due to bugs being safe in denying an update, or the less obvious problem with my box?
In all the years I've been using the zgemmas I've never seen this...maybe I've just been lucky.

As always your help guys is much appreciated
Cheers
My most recent OpenATV 6.4 software update on 28 December resulted in my H5 box stuck on -00- and had to reflash with OpenATV 6.4 on USB, then flash with my backup image. Therefore I suggest make a full backup image before attempting any software update...

Hi thanks for the reply.

I see bootloader v107-r35
And version build 6.4 (19 December 2020)

Hth
Cheers

Hi. I was just about to post a same thread lol same here zgemma h9s running 6.4 openAtv and red feed status... I know for a fact they stopped updates for version 6.3 as it seems they have financial issues due to the pandemic for supporting the servers... It could be a temporary situation as they might messing around with their servers but I suggest wait for couple weeks or more or leave it as is.. however if there is a problem with their server most likely the installation will be failed I guess... But make sure get a full back up before installation

It's easier just to reflash each month than run updates as you run risk of causing issues like you've encountered

Hi. I was just about to post a same thread lol same here zgemma h9s running 6.4 openAtv and red feed status... I know for a fact they stopped updates for version 6.3 as it seems they have financial issues due to the pandemic for supporting the servers... It could be a temporary situation as they might messing around with their servers but I suggest wait for couple weeks or more or leave it as is.. however if there is a problem with their server most likely the installation will be failed I guess... But make sure get a full back up before installation
Nothing to do with finacial issues it was error in latest openatv images resulting in boxes not booting , even if you tried online update it would download updates but would not install them, told you there was errors and to go to ATV forums for info.

Papi2000 posted info on ATV forum.

My fault - i did a wrong push to the unicable.xml in oATV, that had to be reverted.
So all images had to be deleted and rebuild to be started from scratch.
The next two to four days the images and updates will be available again.
Sorry for that inconvinience.

Thanks for all your replies and help guys, as others have said the red thumbs down is now back to green. HOWEVER some interesting replies here mention just to reflash box rather than updates, sorry for my ignorance here but will reflashing lose any of my settings at all? If not I agree that sounds like best option to me too, and never realised I could just reflash.

If it won't change any of my setup settings then thats the way for me from now please could someone confirm

Cheers and all the best to you all for 2021

Thanks mate, no i don't use lines, purely freesat only, I really like the sky style epg and thats all I'm after tbh
You are referring to the skin.
You can use the sky skin on all new images and it will have the same features as you have now but with a newer operating system

OK thanks, so when I reflash Wooshbuild I won't have to reinstall openatv or anything like that, I just reflash and good to go?

OK thanks, so when I reflash Wooshbuild I won't have to reinstall openatv or anything like that, I just reflash and good to go?
You need to install open atv before you can install whooshbuild. you can save you settings off if you like but you will still need to reinstall whooshbuild if you want that I do not use it now but use chabs skynew skin it is the same skin as whooshbuild, but you don't get all the plugins that you do not need.

Last edited:
You need to install open atv before you can install whooshbuild. you can save you settings off if you like but you will still need to reinstall whooshbuild if you want that I do not use it now but use chabs skynew skin it is the same skin as whooshbuild, but you don't get all the plugins that you do not need.
Many thanks for your reply ,So even if you are reflashing Wooshbuild you still need to reinstall open atv? Tbh sounds like a lot of messing about :-)

Back