LG G4 phone damaged?

Seems phone is gone and dead.

When try to power up just black screen.

Thought maybe new battery would help but doubt it if internal part fekked because of the tea.

Gutted is an understatement. Oh well one of those things in life. My fault tbh.

Oh hell next is your laptop as you know they come in 3 s, sat , phone , and *********

PC is on the way out tbh. Not got long left in that.

I have crap nokia xpress music phone lying around somewhere have to find that.

Well I am not going to offer my old phone as a refusal often offends:unsure:

Never asked for a phone mate not sure where you have come up with such an assumption..but okay.

I have a Moto G6 i think I don’t use. I got it for my Nan but she struggled using it. I have no idea where it is though

I have couple of old nokias lying around somewhere mate just gona dig them from garage or loft 2moro as both are unlocked. Not smart phones but tbh never used alot on apps on my LG phone so wont be big issue.

Old school is always the best lol.

I'm not electronic expert or engineer but over the years I have messed with quite a few small electrical gizmos reading and learning along the way.
First one, check the charger is dishing out power with a multi meter. I know if might sound stupid but your phone might die and you keep trying to charge it with a duff charger.
Rice?, in all my years thats never worked. You can buy silicone pellet bags that "might" do the trick but again never tried.

Open it and either sit it near a dehumidifier or just somewere warm saying an airing cupboard and leave it for a day or to. It has to be opened. Just removing the battery isn't enough.
If no joy i would say some tiny chip has blown and it needs repairing. I've seen this a tonne of times.
Then you have to weigh up the cost of fixing it against the cost of the phone and do you really need all the data lost.

I do have basic knowledge of which chip blows on an iPhone but never tackled it as the gear needed was very expensive.
You can get a small voltage checker adapter about £5 from China, you simply stick in the charger port. These are really handy as they check if the phones accepting charge.
What i do now is, on Android I use encrypted micro sd cards and target everything to be stored there then regular dump to an external hard drive / laptop. This way if the phone screws up I can recover it.
if the card screws up ? And you regular back up every few weeks then at its worse you've lost 2 weeks.
Like I said, check charger, undo dry phone, check voltage or change battery.
Good luck m8 hope you get sorted. As for phone replacement ?. China and andriod £100 gets you a phone these days that 18 month ago would have set u back £300-£400

I'm not electronic expert or engineer but over the years I have messed with quite a few small electrical gizmos reading and learning along the way.
First one, check the charger is dishing out power with a multi meter. I know if might sound stupid but your phone might die and you keep trying to charge it with a duff charger.
Rice?, in all my years thats never worked. You can buy silicone pellet bags that "might" do the trick but again never tried.

Open it and either sit it near a dehumidifier or just somewere warm saying an airing cupboard and leave it for a day or to. It has to be opened. Just removing the battery isn't enough.
If no joy i would say some tiny chip has blown and it needs repairing. I've seen this a tonne of times.
Then you have to weigh up the cost of fixing it against the cost of the phone and do you really need all the data lost.

I do have basic knowledge of which chip blows on an iPhone but never tackled it as the gear needed was very expensive.
You can get a small voltage checker adapter about £5 from China, you simply stick in the charger port. These are really handy as they check if the phones accepting charge.
What i do now is, on Android I use encrypted micro sd cards and target everything to be stored there then regular dump to an external hard drive / laptop. This way if the phone screws up I can recover it.
if the card screws up ? And you regular back up every few weeks then at its worse you've lost 2 weeks.
Like I said, check charger, undo dry phone, check voltage or change battery.
Good luck m8 hope you get sorted. As for phone replacement ?. China and andriod £100 gets you a phone these days that 18 month ago would have set u back £300-£400

Tried my dads charger also as has the same usb c connection and that also made no difference.

Rice suggestion did try but to no avail sadly.

With the LG as soon as you remove the battery everything else is opened, as can see internal parts.

Had some data on there which was useful but dont look like can get that off it.

I do believe either charging port on phone has gone or internal parts are screwed either way no point reparing it as wont be cheap and tbh replacement is not possible for me.

Using my dads old moto phone atm as still havent found the old nokias yet.

Last edited:
Back