Likelihood of providers having Subtitle / CC capability channels?

magpie747

Hi there,

New to here and IPTV in general really.

I'm nearly deaf and I rely on subtitles when viewing tv shows and movies to follow so interested to hear back from anyone in similar position.

I'm starting to realise that getting subtitles mightn't be straightforward after a trial with a provider.

Basically my question is how hard is it to find a service with decent subtitle capability or is that just not possible with IPTV in general? IF subtitles only worked on VOD content that would be fine too.

Cheers!

Thanks for reply. So a bit like with viewing torrented files on vlc, you download subs separately and select them.

I presume this just works with on demand content and not live broadcast?

Thanks for reply. So a bit like with viewing torrented files on vlc, you download subs separately and select them.

I presume this just works with on demand content and not live broadcast?
I haven't tried it with live to be honest, I tried it last week whilst watching the Equalizer3 and worked a treat

What device you using most providers have subtitles for most of their vod content
I'm using a mi box 4 with tivimate. I found the subtitle section but none of the feeds I was getting had any available subs. Good to know most provide it for vod content.

My provider has freeview with subtitles as a section, includes nar on it too so it is possible

Also anyone reading this please don't pm me asking for it because you will be ignored
Great, I'll try and find someone who offers that then, cheers !

I'm using a mi box 4 with tivimate. I found the subtitle section but none of the feeds I was getting had any available subs. Good to know most provide it for vod content.
Whilst watching say BBC press the centre/select button and you should get a menu at the bottom, navigate to CC if the subtitles are available it is heare where yo can select them.

Back