Lip Sync Issues with Brand New Amazon Firestick TV 4K

Have just purchased the Firestick 4k and since plugging it into my TV and Sonos surround system I have lip sync issues that are so bad I cannot watch live TV using the Firestick. Sonos plugged into ARC HDMI2 and Firestick into HDMI1

Have been speaking to Benijofer on here about my issue as I suspect I have a throttling issue with my isp provider, but we cannot resolve the lip sync issues with the stick.

Thought we might be too close to our router and picking up interference using WiFi, so I have tried using the Firestick in a different room via WiFi and get the same results although it seems okay for a little while then goes out of sync again, but I have now plugged my Mag box in via WiFi and no lip sync issues with it in either the main room which and its located next to my router or my other room via WiFi and am getting no lip sync issues.

Is there any settings on the Firestick that I can adjust to try and sort the issue out? Or do i just stick with my Mag box?

What app are you using on your firestick have you tried downloading vlc player or mx player have you pressed OK on remote whilst watching a channel and select hw on the seek bar see if that improves spoken to your provider taken a test to see if it is a problem your end or providers end

Using VLC Player have tried your suggestion but still lip syn on the Firestick
As for talking to my ISP you get nowhere with them as they just deny they are throttling This is Spain they get away with it all the time
I thought of a factory reset and starting again

They came and tested the line but said nothing was wrong I cannot get an independent line test
And I am using a Sonos Soundbar plugged into HDMI ARC with the Firestick plugged into HDMI 1 although i have tried HDMI 2, 3 and 4 with the same result yet plugging in my Mag box there is no issue

What app are you using on firestick smarters and xciptv player takes username and password are you using stb emu with you trying it on mag box

Really sorry bazcfc1 you have lost me now.
Not really savvy at all this stuff I'm using smarters as my iptv i am using the same provider for both the Firestick and the Mag box
Anything I have downloaded aps etc i have just followed the instructions first to add downloader most apps from there or direct download from the Firesticks keyboard

Last edited by a moderator:
xe player is a new player from xtream editor, it is currently on pre release but works very well.

within the settings it allows you to adjust audio delay and works very well.

i had the same issue on the last 4k firestick i set up and its easy enough to sort if your provider supports the plugin.

Try Turning off Dolby sound in your settings on firestick Go to main Amazon menu, go to settings , display and sounds , audio, surround sound, switch too stereo, reboot and see if that helps

xe player is a new player from xtream editor, it is currently on pre release but works very well.

within the settings it allows you to adjust audio delay and works very well.

i had the same issue on the last 4k firestick i set up and its easy enough to sort if your provider supports the plugin.
How do you download the xe player onto your firestick?

Back