LNB Replacement Advice for Freesat

What TV do you have? If it's anything like my LG C9 OLED then the Freesat tuner should have settings for both universal and unicable LNB's.

With a unicable LNB you'll get a similar experience to the Sky Q LNB you're replacing and should be able to record upto 4 programmes at the same time from a single tuner instead of just the current channel, as would likely be the case with a universal LNB.
That is software limitation, not lnb limitation. With two satellite signal wires from a universal LNBs, you can have access to two transponders. You can record as many services as there are on the transponders. Not just two.

Using Unicable LNB won't increase number of tuners.

@Kurdt Kobain its a 2017

Samsung UE55MU6400 HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55" with TVPlus/Freesat HD & Active Crystal Colour, Ultra HD Certified​

so i guess the user interface will be a bit shonky, might look into a seperate reciever as suggested
Try it first and see,
I have an older Samsung with sat input and it's not too bad tbh, not as good as a proper E2 box, but perfectly usable for free.
Mine takes BISS keys as well if that's of interest to you.

You would only need a hybrid lnb if you wanted to continue with sky q. If you are positive that you only want freesat on tv then you only need a single lnb. Its dirt cheap and you only need to undo 2 screws, remove old lnb and keep it as its expensive, but that q lnb will have 2 cables so if I was you I would get a quad lnb as you will find uisng freesat on a tv is a PITB.

This is what you need

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GeoSync-Universal-Satellite-Freesat-Receiver-Quad-LNB/dp/B09GFVXV3P/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=1175378829746467&hvadid=73461378335867&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=150385&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-73461315564513:loc-92&hydadcr=5053_2260906&keywords=sky+quad+lnb&qid=1673187929&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1&smid=A104E3TJC5XP4S
What about diameter of collar will that lnb fit on sky lnb collar ?

That is software limitation, not lnb limitation. With two satellite signal wires from a universal LNBs, you can have access to two transponders. You can record as many services as there are on the transponders. Not just two.

Using Unicable LNB won't increase number of tuners.
Yeah all my e2 boxes record as many services as there are on the transponder. Apologies to the OP I made an assumption that Freesat branded equipment would have similar software restrictions to Sky+ HD when it came to only being able to record one or two services at a time etc. and should've made this clear. I assume they do this as not to confuse the majority of customers.

Just by way of update, please to report thanks to the help on here it was a 5 min Job, Freesat working a charm on the old Samsung TV.
Thanks again
@Abu Baniaz please pm me about these Bis keys? Looking to learn more

Back