HD51 4K Local Network movies with Kodi

vervester

Im having a few issues trying to get the movies from my server to play on kodi on my HD51. I have added all the file locations and passwords to enable kodi to populate the movies. IMDB sees them all but when i come to play them they dont play.

Now if i go to file manager and the movie i want to play i have to find the avi or mkv and then select menu and select play using.. and choose videoplayer, if i try to play the movies with the default movie player e2player it wont work and i get a blue line across the top of the screen.

I love this box but this is anoying as im so close to it being perfect. Any ideas how to get kodi to play movies with videoplayer rather than e2player?

Im using willobuild (excellent image) which is a openvix image.

is there a better option to stream my movies from my server using a plugin?

cheers for any advice

Last edited:
Just checked out my HD51 and it plays avi, mp4 and mkv with the default player.
The Movie Browser plugin looks like this:

upload_2017-10-20_16-35-1.png

upload_2017-10-20_16-35-35.png

Cheers for the info Willo, very much appriciated. ive just finished adding the mounts of my server etc to movie browser, it plays movies fine through this method however, i probably need to individually rename each movie for the correct movie info to display (remove info in the file name other than the movie name) and remove samples as all this is also showing.

I've always avoided Plex because I haven't got a naming convention, they're just named as the movie name.

upload_2017-10-20_18-35-34.png

Back