Longtime Wooshbuild Customer. Is Wooshman still active here?

tomlee80

Just a quick one as I've helped a friend set up their ZGemma H2.S with Wooshbuild Infinity recently. Using these forums as per usual I noticed a notable member point out that @wooshman hadn't been active recently and was suggesting people move to Grogg. I have no issues with competitors, but Wooshbuild has been my goto for the last 5 years! Is there something up?

Nothing up Wooshbuild infinity still available
Few teething problems Which I'm sure Wooshman will look at in the future

doing some testing the other day. flashed atv 6.3 and started to follow wooshbuild guide, got to the part of entering postcode, did that and box repeatedly crashes. after 5 times that was enough for me.

back to my favourite, thats one of the reasons ive stuck with Vix so long.

as above nothing wrong with any builds TK members have assembled, WB infinity is/was popular as are a few others, variety is good so its personal choice rather than competitors

Just a quick one as I've helped a friend set up their ZGemma H2.S with Wooshbuild Infinity recently. Using these forums as per usual I noticed a notable member point out that @wooshman hadn't been active recently and was suggesting people move to Grogg. I have no issues with competitors, but Wooshbuild has been my goto for the last 5 years! Is there something up?
I am also a long term WooshBuild user, currently on Zgemma H5 with OpenATV 6.4, WooshBuild Infinity & SkyQ V3.500 Skin, with regular updates and no issues. I tried GrogBuild, but always return to WooshBuild as it has all my preferred plugins, including MetrixHD Skin with MyMetrixLite local weather settings.

it is personaly preference, the idea of Wooshbuild Infinity and Grogbuild FreeRange is that new images do not need to be created for every box under the sun every time there are updates to ATV or plugins etc giving those involved in building them more time to do other things, both use the latest ATV and latest versions of the plugins they use.

Wooshman has just fallen for the same trap most of us do - he got married, got a different job, and just doesn't have the same amount of time as he used to have.
He still pops in and out, plays around a small amount, but ATV keep "fixing " things that aren't broken, which in turn breaks a little part of WB, which now takes him longer to fix as he's busy at his new project - life as we call it.

Wooshman has just fallen for the same trap most of us do - he got married, got a different job, and just doesn't have the same amount of time as he used to have.
He still pops in and out, plays around a small amount, but ATV keep "fixing " things that aren't broken, which in turn breaks a little part of WB, which now takes him longer to fix as he's busy at his new project - life as we call it.

In which case I wish him all the best. I'm not encountering any major issues with Infinity and ATV 6.4 currently so no harm done. Just wondered if he'd quit the game for good.

Hi Folk's,

I have also been using Wooshbuild on ZGemma's for several years and the service has been excellent to say the least.
But I'm having some issues at the moment so was looking for some help.
Recently upgraded to new ZGemma H7s boxes with OpenATV v6.4 and Wooshbuild Infinity.
I complete all installs and set up with no issues and all plugins and functions work perfect.
Issue I have is that almost nightly at this stage the box hangs up on a channel with the small blue circle in the top left corner then completely freezes.
I have to reboot the box at the main power on/off button and all runs fine again.
Seems to happen more during the night so have to restart the box every morning.
Have disabled the AutoBouquet scheduled nightly scan and the auto IPTV refresh in the All4OneBouqust Adder plugin but this intermittent issue still occurs.
Boxes that I have set up for friends and family also have the same issue.
Appreciate if anyone has experienced this issue and knows how to resolve it.

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies lads.
Will try this but why is it happening on brand new H7S boxes?
I also have a 1 TB external hard drive on my main box.

I have also had this a couple times on MIPSEL systems but not on ARM....yet, rebuilt system from scratch a couple of times but hit the same hanging issue time after time, removed the plugin & the box responded normally so I assumed it was an issue with that particular plugin. A couple of days later I assembled images directly on two identical mipsel systems without any issues which borked up any assumptions.... (ty Mr. Eugene Lewis Fordsworthe..... “assumption is the mother of all mistakes”)

I do not know why one or two systems hit these strange problems when other systems of the same make/model have no problems at all but from my own experience working with these systems I would say not all are created equally so a small portion will fall short of our expectations.

Last edited:
Back