Lost all channels

Endadmcc

I have lost all channels for fta on my zgemma h2s which has been running vix, and i have been reading similar posts on this forum for the past 48 hrs, but still cant get to the bottom of the problem. I connected an old sky box to both sat cables which i had in the zgemma and they are supplying a good signal to it from the dish. This problem started out of the blue and everything was untouched for 3 years and worked fine.
Tuner A is set to simple,single,28,2e astra and no and tuner B has the same setup. Signal finder shows 0% for both tuners. When a choose to do a software update it says error a background update check is in progress and the box freezes. When the box is restarted it has the message "no data on transponder! (timeout reading PAT). When i goto image manager i get the message "there is a problem with this device please reformat and try. Does this all mean i have a software issue and if so what is the best solution to cure the problem.
Thanks

Last edited:
Took the zgemma to my brothers house plugged into both his sat cables and still no signal. Took the box home and left reflashed it with openatv and whoosh build and I still have no signal showing from the sat dish, any help would be appreciated.

Has your dish been knocked in bad weather
I don't think so as it is sheltered from the wind, as I said when I plugged it in to an old sky box the picture quality from both cables was very good but no signal on the zgemma when both were plugged into it.

Have you set the tuners up to equal each other[/QUOTE
Tuner A
configuration mode = simple
mode = single
satellite = 28.2e Astra
send diseqc = no
force legacy signal stats = no
Tuner B was the same as above
So i changed tuner A to equal to B and now it says tuner B not configured, and every time i try to do the signal finder now it is crashing with the error message encountered a software issue.

What is your definition of good signal?
Does your brother have a normal or SkyQ LNB?

I recommend you flash an official image, forget skin changes etc until you get reception working correctly.

You can get OpenATV from here
Code:
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php

For a tuner that is connected to a 28.2 universal LNB, the tuner config should be
simple, single, 28.2

Repeat for every tuner manually instead of using "equal to"
Tuners with no signal wire attached should be set as "not configured/disabled" in the first instance. You can tweak with loop through etc once you have got the basics.

What is your definition of good signal?
Does your brother have a normal or SkyQ LNB?

I recommend you flash an official image, forget skin changes etc until you get reception working correctly.

You can get OpenATV from here
Code:
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php

For a tuner that is connected to a 28.2 universal LNB, the tuner config should be
simple, single, 28.2

Repeat for every tuner manually instead of using "equal to"
Tuners with no signal wire attached should be set as "not configured/disabled" in the first instance. You can tweak with loop through etc once you have got the basics.

Thanks for the reply
My brother has a normal twin tuner sky box with about 95% signal with both cables.
So am i best to remove whoosh build and try working with openatv until i get the issue resolved

People generally check signal on one transponder and assume they have good signal. If you have good signal, a scan of 28.2 should get you 900+ services.
Use manual scan, complete, 28.2, do not enable network scan. Do not use plugins such as ABM when checking this.

Always best to keep things simple when testing.

People generally check signal on one transponder and assume they have good signal. If you have good signal, a scan of 28.2 should get you 900+ services.
Use manual scan, complete, 28.2, do not enable network scan. Do not use plugins such as ABM when checking this.

Always best to keep things simple when testing.
Ok thanks will have a go at that

So after trying everything suggested i got a local sat installer to come out and check sat signal and all cable connections. The sat dish was slightly out of line and when that was sorted he checked the signal on the cables at the rear of the zgemma and they had a good signal, but when they were connected to the zgemma it was still showing 0% strength. So i think the box is the problem (its 4 years old) and have ordered another one from the forum supplier.

What i would ask where is the sat feed inserted in box in rear,is the correct tuner selected and tuned to 28.2 if that is where sat installer pointed it to.

What i would ask where is the sat feed inserted in box in rear,is the correct tuner selected and tuned to 28.2 if that is where sat installer pointed it to.
Connections are in the correct order as everything worked up to last week so kept in the same order.Sat dish was pointed to 28.2 and zgemma tuned to the same.

15536276424481737227455998941731.jpg So when my new Zgemma arrived I connected it up and I still have no signal showing on the new box. Unplugged it and took it to my brothers house and it picked up the sat and locked on. Took it home and still no signal so rang the local satellite guy to come out again . He has just left with no success of any signal to the zgemma. He was getting about 80% signal strength and 99% quality with the cables at the rear of the zgemma when he checked them. This is the tuner configuration. 15536277096643605276976276737950.jpg15536276424481737227455998941731.jpg 15536277096643605276976276737950.jpg15536278861166358013111618114218.jpg

Attachments

• 15536282355833788265821341044911.jpg
    15536282355833788265821341044911.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Yes he connected it at the dish and at the cables at the rear of the zgemma.

I really don't know why you bought a new box as your old one was working at your brothers house, proving that it was OK.

However, you have proven beyond doubt that the fault lies in you sat dish setup, assuming the cable connections are OK at the box, I would (because they are cheap) try a new LNB. The zGemmas are frugal with their tuner voltage output, needed to power the LNB and an old tired LNB may just need that bit more.
His testing meter, if a decent one, will have plenty of power.

While I assume the F connectors on the cable feeds have been well checked, no harm checking them again.

Back