Lost signal 28.2e

mrbelkair

I have a problem with my gigablue quad plus which is running vix.It is detecting no signal from my sat. I thought it may be the f connector but as it is a twin cable, I have ruled this out as it wouldn't happen to both at the same time. I have also tried scanning with both tuners to no avail. I also have a cable tuner on the same box which is still working fine and giving all the channels, its just the sat which is the issue.It has been working for years with no problem until 2 days ago when it happened.Any help or tips would go a long way.

If you have anything else like a tv with sat connection or old sky box you can connect and scan channels with and no channels are found. That would at least narrow it down to lnb, cabling or dish moved, you can then at least test with a signal meter to narrow it down further. If you get channels it would point to a gigablue or image setup problem.

It quite possibly has but that should not be the issue. When all the channels went down, I got cable line but still used my sat line for the free channels such as BBC itv etc. Even without a sly sub, the free to air channels should still work. It's actually saying no signal.

No signal usually points to sattalite cable isuues can you check the strength on the lnbs off of box on the tuners

Back