Mag 250 Being Throttled?

Best way to solve the problem is to run the box at somebody else's house for 24 hours and see if they get issues.
Then you will know if it's the internet or box/sub.

One thing that concerns me about your results are the:

Quote " Packet Loss:"
The measurement of how many data packets arrive at their intended destination when sent from a computer. Ideal packet loss is zero percent.

I don,t know myself the way to help but it could be something at your end thats dropping some information thats getting sent to your box?
Best way is to go thru all the checks on your system, Router reset and check wiring and so forth.
Link here for you to check such things out.
https://www.annese.com/blog/what-causes-packet-loss

One thing that concerns me about your results are the:

Quote " Packet Loss:"
The measurement of how many data packets arrive at their intended destination when sent from a computer. Ideal packet loss is zero percent.

I don,t know myself the way to help but it could be something at your end thats dropping some information thats getting sent to your box?
Best way is to go thru all the checks on your system, Router reset and check wiring and so forth.
Link here for you to check such things out.
https://www.annese.com/blog/what-causes-packet-loss
Thanks for that. I done a reboot on the router before I done this test, so I'll check the rest and see.

Thanks for that. I done a reboot on the router before I done this test, so I'll check the rest and see.
sorry if this has been asked already when you say hd stuttering what are the rest of your channels like have you considered messaging your provider as it could be their streams and not the mag box or tried like Netflix if you have it on mag box

sorry if this has been asked already when you say hd stuttering what are the rest of your channels like have you considered messaging your provider as it could be their streams and not the mag box or tried like Netflix if you have it on mag box
All the channels stutter unless they are sd. I can watch skysports sd OK, but if I try skysports HD, it is unwatchable. I haven't tried netflix on it. I'll give it a go later and see.

You could try menu/settings/advanced settings and increase the buffer size to about 5 (try a few different settings) and see if that helps. Also ,not sure but make sure DHCP is set to on in network settings as I seem to remember a similar issue. Not sure if this will help but worth a shot.

or try this too
settings/system settings/network/ go into wired (Ethernet) then manual

make a note of your settings before you change anything

change your dns server to google server 8.8.8.8 then save settings and reboot your box

Think you find its the box mag 250 haven't been manufactured now for a few years at least and they haven't been supported either, you will find that the streams your supplier is using will be HLS on hd which the mag 250 doesn't cope with where as the sd are probably the older MPEGTS streams which box is fine with has these have been around over 10 years when I had my first mag 250 box.

Think you find its the box mag 250 haven't been manufactured now for a few years at least and they haven't been supported either, you will find that the streams your supplier is using will be HLS on hd which the mag 250 doesn't cope with where as the sd are probably the older MPEGTS streams which box is fine with has these have been around over 10 years when I had my first mag 250 box.
It was working perfectly when I first got the box. Worked really well until 3 or 4 weeks ago when my Internet started to play up in the house.

You could try menu/settings/advanced settings and increase the buffer size to about 5 (try a few different settings) and see if that helps. Also ,not sure but make sure DHCP is set to on in network settings as I seem to remember a similar issue. Not sure if this will help but worth a shot.
Thanks man. I'll try that tonight and let you know.

or try this too
settings/system settings/network/ go into wired (Ethernet) then manual

make a note of your settings before you change anything

change your dns server to google server 8.8.8.8 then save settings and reboot your box
Thanks man. I'll try that later and let you know.

Tried to increase the buffer size to 5. Less stuttering, but it freezes for ages when it does.

Tried all suggestions. Still the same. Speed testing at 3.5mbs. Stuttering constantly on all HD channels. Works fine on sd. I'm taking mag box to my sisters tonight to see what speeds she gets on it to rule out an issue with the box.

Service throttling normally occurs at peak times.
If your box runs ok on HD say mid morning and the speedtest is @10mb but then between 6-10pm it drops to 3mbs then it's an internet provider issue and you need to keep results and contact them to resolve.
We get this a lot in Spain where smaller ip's oversell their bandwidth.

Just tried the box in my sisters. Works perfectly in hers. She has 15mbs speed and the speed test was 13mbs. All HD channels working with no problems

Back