Mag 250 Being Throttled?

That proves it's your internet provider or set up.
If you follow what i said above will eliminate your set up.

Yes but i would suggest some speedtest results proving your point before you contact them.
If they ask then you are streaming Netflix and it's not working correctly.

Yes but i would suggest some speedtest results proving your point before you contact them.
If they ask then you are streaming Netflix and it's not working correctly.
Can I use the built in speed test on the mag, or how do I do it? Sorry for being a bit useless at all this.

vodafone are the same get 80mb in the day and a utter shite 3-10mb at night. need a new provider when this contract runs its course. vodafone are complete tripe at sorting anything out to

Will normally make the situation worse.
Run the speedtests when the problem occurs as they stay in history and keep that should you need it when you contact your internet provider.
The problem occurs constantly. The mag speeds are never over 4mbs. I have noticed that in the evening if I am trying to watch the Mag, then all my other devices speeds are affected.

If I am getting 50+mbs into the house, would a VPN router not give me better speeds than 3-4mbs that I am currently getting?

If your internet provider is only giving you 3-4 mb then a VPN will probably reduce that to 1mb !!
You need to sort with internet provider as nothing else will resolve this.

I bought a Mag Box 250 around a month ago. It was working perfectly for a week or so, then my internet service started to play up. I was getting 50+mbs, then it dropped to between 10-15mbs. The Mag box speed test was showing up as 2-3mbs and hasn't improved but my speeds are back to 50+. Is it possible that my ISP is throttling the MAG Box?
if your with VM give them a ring and complain about your speed drops, ask them to look at your router settings too

or go here and make a post about your connection, speed, and problems
VM Community forum
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed

Can you not do a factory reset on router usually a little hole size of a pin see if you can do it or try changing channel on your router

if your with VM give them a ring and complain about your speed drops, ask them to look at your router settings too

or go here and make a post about your connection, speed, and problems
VM Community forum
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/bd-p/Speed
Done all that Mate. They got me to do speed tests 3 times a day on safe mode with the WiFi turned off and send them the results. Every test came in over 40mbs so they said I am receiving the speeds that were promised. All my speed tests come in at that speed now apart from the Mag Box.

Done all that Mate. They got me to do speed tests 3 times a day on safe mode with the WiFi turned off and send them the results. Every test came in over 40mbs so they said I am receiving the speeds that were promised. All my speed tests come in at that speed now apart from the Mag Box.
Are you using powerline adaptors or is the feed straight from router to box

Worth a shot mate even resetting router it could even be home plugins what's causing drop in speed if plugged into an extension they can cause interference
I plugged the box directly into the router and was getting the same results. I'll try resetting the Router and see if it helps. It only seems to be the Mag box thats affected. All my other devices are getting really good speeds.

Back