Mag 254 warning message

theres no need to reflash.

infomir are banning known dns addresses, not ip addresses.

open up a command prompt on your pc and ping the name of the portals dns.

get yourself a free no-ip account and create a new dns and point it to the ip of the portal.

replace the dns for the portal on your device with the one you have just created.

reload portal.

the box will connect and you have a unique dns running on the mag thats unlikely to get banned :)
Interesting Will this actually work? When I look up my portal address using www.ipvoid.com it looks strange like this:
199.233.177.133 (ip-133-177-233-199.static.capsule.net) (All numbers and names changed)
None of the above actually opens the Portal.
What would I direct the new DNS to?
Thanks.

Interesting Will this actually work? When I look up my portal address using www.ipvoid.com it looks strange like this:
199.233.177.133 (ip-133-177-233-199.static.capsule.net) (All numbers and names changed)
None of the above actually opens the Portal.
What would I direct the new DNS to?
Thanks.
Sounds like you could be a security risk :tearsofjoy:

Sounds like you could be a security risk :tearsofjoy:
I have been on this forum since 2015. I don't know why you think I am a security risk. To whom, how?
I used to do the satellite thing but now have a MAG256.
I don't think I stopped it updating soon enough so it could block things for me.
It has firmware 2.20.05-256 July 12th 2018 on Bank 1 and Aug 3rd 2018 on Bank 2. Are they affected?
I thought changing the DNS of the Portal a clever solution but need some help.

Not sure there is for that model. The message is beacouse your provider is cutting corners and has not changed dns hence the notice. Change provider to one that invests in security of there service not takes your money and doesn't care about individual users on mag box's.

Not sure there is for that model. The message is beacouse your provider is cutting corners and has not changed dns hence the notice. Change provider to one that invests in security of there service not takes your money and doesn't care about individual users on mag box's.
Ok. Thanks for your reply.

Good day!
Please tell me this instruction on the ninth page is relevant for MAG 424W3?
Or is there some other way to bypass the lock?
Or maybe it doesn't make more sense to buy MAG.
Thank!

Back