mag 256 freezing and jumping

hi was wondering I some one could help my mag 256 keep freezing when watch in hd channels when live sport is on the 3rd channels run fine the hd channels run fine through the week it just seems to be on the weekend when the footy or boxing is on my broadband speed is 67 mbps is there a fix for this any advice would be appreciated

Server is overloaded when football is on or boxing. Too many people connected at same time, nothing you can do your end unless you change your provider. Trouble is trying to find one that actually is not over subscribed is nigh on impossible, most will only give you a test in the week and like your current one it will work fine during test. come the weekend or next main event and it's useless

Try a test from a different provider, sounds like if you're only having issues at peak times it might be an oversubscribed server.

In the meantime, reboot box and router before the sport you watch.

Haven't found any yet I would recommend as they all seem to do the same as yours, some have worked ok for a few weeks then as more and more people join it all turns to rat kack again

It's in the providers interests to reinvest profits into their service if they want to keep it running.
You would like to think so, but there are also the ones who are just in it for a quick buck and will take your money and run only to set up again under another name and you have no recourse or chance of retrieving your hard earned.

The 256 is newer and faster than the 254 bugs are still being ironed out but in time with development it will probably become the yardstick all others are measured from. It is the nature of IPTV itself that causes so many issues for users of a service, if you think of all the links in the chain between you and supplier which part of it is at fault is it the server itself, is it your internet provider throttling or reducing bandwidth, or attempts to block streams, can your router cope with IPTV and its demands or your box. In most cases it could be any one or more of the above causing issues

You would like to think so, but there are also the ones who are just in it for a quick buck and will take your money and run only to set up again under another name and you have no recourse or chance of retrieving your hard earned.

I've seen one on twitter offering 6000 channels for £4 a month or £30 a year, everyone subscribing to him is praising his service, he's 100% gonna do a runner soon!

I've seen one on twitter offering 6000 channels for £4 a month or £30 a year, everyone subscribing to him is praising his service, he's 100% gonna do a runner soon!
Almost guaranteed as soon as the complaints start there will be some fabrication about being raided and his service being shutdown

Almost guaranteed as soon as the complaints start there will be some fabrication about being raided and his service being shutdown

Most of the ones promoted through social media are 'cut and run' types who'll take your money then pull the plug without even giving an excuse, then rebrand and start again.

Just going with my experience which is not up to scratch
You and many others Sam and will get worse. With so many feeling the pinch and trying to get away from the ridiculous pricing of sly and virgin both of whom could make an absolute killing by dropping there prices significantly, as then there would be no need for people to go the illegal route if they could afford the legitimate service

Back