Mag 256 - latest update bricked box ?

bigj2552

Just updated to the latest firmware dated 3rd aug / 2018

After i done that, rebooted - i have two subs, when i click on either of them now, it just gives me a blank screen.
Go back and reboot device, or reload portal - same thing

Has this updated bricked my mag 256 box ffs ???

It will be a clone box. infomir do not brick boxes. However, it dose not sound bricked to me just do a factory reset and re-install the firmware you had previously

What does it say on the page in front of you?
take a picture if needs be and upload it here...if you've done a factory reset you have lost all the information you put in, iptv sub details, epg etc, this will all need adding again

No it wouldn't brick your box I did my 2 mag 256 boxes all fine so not sure what the issue is your end maybe need to see if your portals are still there first.

hi guys
added in my 2 subs again - they didnt work at first - so reset the thing again, and re added them

now one works fine, and the other when i click on it, gives me a blank screen - in touch with sub seller now ;)

but thank god i got telly for the weekend - PHEW !!

thought is was gonna be a looooooooooong weekend till monday with bugger all telly lol

Unplug the box hold f/n button still holding the button plug power back in keep holding f/n button it then goes through a series of flashing lights let go of the f/n button when it starts to flash red.

Also make sure these are set
1. Please enter the internal portal

2. Go to "Settings"/"Interface"

3. In the "HDMI event reaction" choose "Disabled"

4. In the "Stand by mode" line choose "Active", press OK for saving

5. Reboot device

Back