Mag 256 wont turn on

Mines started doing the same, won't turn on from standby, have to pull the lead out and restart it all the time, think I might get in contact with the company I bought it off, seems to be a common issue!

Hi all, Can anyone help/advise me with this issue. I tried to reset my box to default factory settings (by clicking 'ok' in the menu screens) and now the box will not go beyond infomirs start up screen (See pic), it just hangs. I have tried some ideas seen on youtube non of them truly fit my problem though - these include holding down the menu button when plugging the box in, as well as disconnecting ethernet and starting, non of which works, if anyone has got any ideas I would appreciate them. Thanks

Hi, have you visited infomirs website and messaged tech support?

hi guys i have a mag box 256 which had stopped working ..it gets stuck on a blue screen i ve tried many things to no aviail different tv,new hdmi lead,try reset default settings etc....
i bought of flebay about 6 months ago he says contact infomir as it is under warranty does anyone have the correct email address for their customer services??

Hi, have you visited infomirs website and messaged tech support.

Hi all, Anyone have any idea why a mag256 box would have a 'intermitent' blue screen issue? ie works fine then turn the box off and then back on again and you get a blue screen with sound, then turn the box off and back on again and then it's working fine again. I presume the screen resolution is all ok as it has been working all ok.

Attachments

• P1130960.JPG
    P1130960.JPG
    955.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, Can anyone help/advise me with this issue. I tried to reset my box to default factory settings (by clicking 'ok' in the menu screens) and now the box will not go beyond infomirs start up screen (See pic), it just hangs. I have tried some ideas seen on youtube non of them truly fit my problem though - these include holding down the menu button when plugging the box in, as well as disconnecting ethernet and starting, non of which works, if anyone has got any ideas I would appreciate them. Thanks

Have you read all the earlier posts in this thread?

did a different power supply work?

Hi, have you visited infomirs website and messaged tech support.
Infomir tech support is shit sent 4 messages over last week not one reply.

Hi all, Anyone have any idea why a mag256 box would have a 'intermitent' blue screen issue? ie works fine then turn the box off and then back on again and you get a blue screen with sound, then turn the box off and back on again and then it's working fine again. I presume the screen resolution is all ok as it has been working all ok.
Have you tried a factory reset?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am also having a similar issue, if I put my mag 256 on standby and then switch it back on a few minutes later or even hours it’s fine, but if I leave it on standby overnight then go to turn it on next day it does nothing and I have to pull out power cable then put back in, I am awaiting a response from Infomir, but does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks

I have some instructions here:

Unplug the box hold f/n button still holding the button plug power back in keep holding f/n button it then goes through a series of flashing lights let go of the f/n button when it starts to flash red.

Also make sure these are set

1. Please enter the internal portal

2. Go to "Settings"/"Interface"

3. In the "HDMI event reaction" choose "Disabled"

4. In the "Stand by mode" line choose "Active", press OK for saving

5. Reboot device

Hi But what is the f/n button I have the same issue with the box not restarted when in stand bye mode I have to unplug and reboot to get the box working again (Mag256)

Back