Mag box Vs Android

Dixie36

Can anyone who has gone from Mag to Android or vice versa tell me which is better. Been using a Mag for a few years but have very little knowledge of Android ?

Cheers Joe have read a couple of reviews but was after the opinions of people with first hand experience of both. Any regrets for instance about moving from one to the other. Only asking because I considered moving to Android but decided to go for a VPN router instead. Seems to be working fine . On VPN router now and getting

Ping 53ms
Download 38.80
Upload 10.47

All on Wifi was watching footy last night and all okay but I suppose the real test will come at weekends.

Cheers Joe have read a couple of reviews but was after the opinions of people with first hand experience of both. Any regrets for instance about moving from one to the other. Only asking because I considered moving to Android but decided to go for a VPN router instead. Seems to be working fine . On VPN router now and getting

Ping 53ms
Download 38.80
Upload 10.47

All on Wifi was watching footy last night and all okay but I suppose the real test will come at weekends.
I have a Meg 250 that I had for many years works well old school now I also have a fire stick 4k and shield both miles better than the next 250 in my opinion Also I get it better speed out of my my fire stick and shield the mag box

Thanks Joe maybe I wasted my money on the VPN router . I've got a fire TV box that was mothballed by my other half maybe I should dig that out I presume it would work on the fire TV box might be about 4 years old.

Thanks Mac think I went down the Mag route because I had the VU+ zero when it first came out and it was the only VU box at that point that couldn't do IPTV at that time. I loaded Kodi onto fire box I expect loading iptv onto it will be similar or do you think its likely to be more complicated?

whoever is your supplier of iptv usually have there own apk to install.

you can sideload or use downloader.

To be honest I wouldn't mind using my fire TV box if it's good enough as just just shelled out on a VPN router but depending on how that goes probably get a box later on ??? I'm okay with my mag but a bit green on the Android side of things.

Android boxes are an absolute doddle to setup and use, particularly to someone who has an existing understanding of CS/IPTV devices.

I`ve gone from a mag256 to a formuler box and there is simply no comparsion between the two. Mag boxes in my opinion are no longer fit for purpose, the picture quality on my Andriod box is way superior to anything that was on a mag box.
How many times on a mag box do you find that the sound codec is missing when trying to watch VOD content? So far, I`ve not encountered the same problem on a formuler box.
Just my 0.02c.

Back