Mag322 better than 4K Firestick?

I am powering the adaptor via a plug socket I have connected the home plugs as instructed on the TP Link website and all are showing three green lights the ethernet is working on my laptop but when I use the same plug in the bedroom with the Firestick it does not find the ethernet, I swapped over home plugs but the same result then plugged the Firestick into the TV in the lounge and immediatly it connected to the ethernet so I really do not understand why it will only connect via wifi in the bedroom
did u pair the tplinks correctly ? u need to put em both in a double wall socket n hit button on em both so they flash ,then you can leave 1 into router n put other 1 wer ever you want unless its not connecting due to iver places you want it being on different circuit boards , i have 4 running an n issues

I do not have any double sockets but two very close to each other in the same room but surely one plug must be plugged into the power socket and the router?

Last edited:
The main plug has all three lights on as does the one connected to the firestick but it still will not find the ethernet when plugged into the bedroom but finds it immediately when i plug it in direct to the router
I just don't know what is wrong and have wasted so much time without any result so I will just accept my initial comments that the Mag give me a better reception than the 4k Firestick

The main plug has all three lights on as does the one connected to the firestick but it still will not find the ethernet when plugged into the bedroom but finds it immediately when i plug it in direct to the router
I just don't know what is wrong and have wasted so much time without any result so I will just accept my initial comments that the Mag give me a better reception than the 4k Firestick
try repairing ,i had it with my secrurity cameras til i repaired or the issue is ur leccy circuit board they only work when all is on same board

What app are you using on the Firestick? In the app/player settings, they usually have software decoding selected as default. Change that to hardware decoding and see what difference that makes. Software decoding puts a massive strain on the firestick as the CPU is doing all the work. Hardware decoding sets the graphics processsor to work so you should see a massive difference

on driod apps as in smarters HW does settle streams,vod + lip sync but,,, not many uther apps use that so its a case of finding the best useragent/player , depending on how your server supplier is set up , but its not allways the source side as it can allways be checked ,and if its a coss board issue it hits all 1 report issue,checked is poss user end side

did u pair the tplinks correctly ? u need to put em both in a double wall socket n hit button on em both so they flash ,then you can leave 1 into router n put other 1 wer ever you want unless its not connecting due to iver places you want it being on different circuit boards , i have 4 running an n issues
you only need to do that with the homeplugs with wifi and ethernet example AV600 powerline WI-fI kit for normal powerplugs no need just unplug or at a push reset both and they should link.

Probably better getting cheap mesh system I ended up getting deco M4 twin set only £89 over a year ago from argos never looked back and I dont think they need to be on same electrical circit.

Last edited:
I have now got it up and running so thank you everybody for your help and advice.
I ended up unplugging everything and starting again gradually plugging each piece of equipment back in and rebooting the router and it is now working via the ethernet cable connected to the home plug.
I think my ISP provided me with a cheap router I thought about changing it but they told me that in order to keep my internet with them I had to use their supplied router. Oh well that's living in Spain for you
Thanks again to all

Just an update on my 4K Firestick
Wow what a difference in picture quality and it seems connection as I watched the Grand Prix today not a stutter or loss of picture during the whole of the broadcast yet my Amazon echo system went down a few times due to poor internet connections but the iptv didnt
So far very impressed with the 4K Firestick and maybe wont bother to purchase a Z8 after all

Back