Mike Tyson to fight Roy Jones Jr in exhibition bout

Joe516

VIP Member
Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will return to the boxing ring for an exhibition fight against ex-four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr.

The bout is scheduled to take place on 12 September in Los Angeles.

Tyson, 54, last fought professionally in 2005 when he was beaten by Irishman Kevin McBride in what was his sixth loss in 58 career contests.

Fellow American Jones, 51, has not fought since beating Scott Sigmon in February 2018.

The California State Athletic Commission has sanctioned the fight, which will be over eight rounds and broadcast on pay-per-view
Tyson to fight Jones Jr in exhibition

Both probably skint so looking at making a few quid when they where both finished years ago.
Boxing becoming a joke now i can see the UFC overtaking it one day has to many champions and they never fight one another now this LOL

Both probably skint so looking at making a few quid when they where both finished years ago.
Boxing becoming a joke now i can see the UFC overtaking it one day has to many champions and they never fight one another now this LOL
Skint?? Have a read on what business tyson owns.

Nah UFC aint overtaking boxing at all imo.

At one time sure it was more popular but UFC hardly has any big "stars".

Roy Jones Jr. accepts Mike Tyson’s offer of an exhibition fight. The pair are set to fight in California September 12th.

“Yes, it's true – Mike is a legend. It would be crazy to receive an offer to enter the ring with him and refuse," Jones Jr. told sports.ru.

"I had no intention of going back and fighting again but, for the sake of Mike Tyson, I agree to make an exception. For me, this is an opportunity that I cannot refuse. Of all those who wanted to go into the ring with him, he chose me. And since he did that, how can I say no?"

Yes and not forgetting the insane amounts of money both will be making :unsure:
I dont think its about the money tbh, tyson got offerd 20 million to fight bear knuckle he dont want to do that he just wants a few little scraps he's a fighter at the end of the day

I get its the urge of coming back to fight. But everything is about money mate. Just way it is.

I dont think two old men should be beating each other up in the wrong. You just dont know what could go wrong in that ring.

Yeah but if its about money why didn't he take the 20 million? These guys are born fighters, should they be fighting at this age? NO, but the hunger is always there, good look to them i hope they leave the ring OK but I agree there time has come and gone

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr has reportedly been postponed until November 28.The eight-round exhibition bout was originally announced for September 12 at the Dignity Health Sports Park in California

Back