Miracle box

Moondog

Hi Bees I'm about to order a miracle box + hybrid, (cable) off world of satellite I don't want to record or anything just a hd box to watch sport etc..could you please tell me what I need to fill in in the options list.
I know I need openvix (latest) in the firmware/image option and the Kingston 8gb USB in the USB option, do I need to fill anything else in or do I just put the (not required) in all other options? I'm not tec savvy but I know I need to order a line after set up, thanks in advance.

Hi Moondog,

took the words out my mouth, I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. Why do we need the usb, could you explain please?

Thanks

then all you need is the 8gb kingston usb stick,and you have a lan port nearby to plug lan cable into.?

Hi Bees I'm about to order a miracle box + hybrid, (cable) off world of satellite I don't want to record or anything just a hd box to watch sport etc..could you please tell me what I need to fill in in the options list.
I know I need openvix (latest) in the firmware/image option and the Kingston 8gb USB in the USB option, do I need to fill anything else in or do I just put the (not required) in all other options? I'm not tec savvy but I know I need to order a line after set up, thanks in advance.

What you stated should get you up and running hardware wise. You'll need the USB to download your EPG data and so forth. Writing to the internal flash storage can damage the box after a while. I've got 2 of those boxes and I'm very happy with them.

Yep,

Wot maff said lol

USB is to store your program guide (EPG)

Make sure you set the box to media/hdd not internal flash.

It's in the guide (y)

any usb will do that but the one they sell is great for fllashing as some boxes fussy which usb used for flashing if u get any problems

Thanks guys, looks like I can go ahead and order now, when you say set the box to media/hdd not internal flash I gather I do that when the box arrives when I'm setting it up. Told you I'm not tec savvy, thanks again.

I ordered one of these the other day after years on Kryptview. Following Bees instructions got it all setup after a few attempts. I have issues with the box though. Everything was ok until I tried to set a timer to watch a program (not record) Ever since then it freezes when going through EPG I have to physically turn it off. The problem appears to be caused scrolling through epg.

Last edited:
No, I would do a complete re flash by USB to make sure.

So download the Openvix image for your box, check out the flashing guide, it only takes about 5 mins.

You will have to set it up again from scratch though

Hi bees, just had my mb delivered today, can I set the box up before I pay for my line? And if so do I need my vm feed in to do this or just my ethernet cable? Thanks in advance.

You need both, VM to scan for channels, and ethernet to get an IP address for the box
during the set up

Hi all, must say this has been a very help thread for me. I am having a little trouble setting up my box with a VM line via my ethernet cable at the last hurdle (I think!). After scanning the channels, there are 500+ found. However no picture of the channel comes on the screen, but all EPG data is present for all found channels. Any ideals where I am going wrong?

One of the other areas I am unsure on is whether to select 'Use interface' or 'Use DHCP' on configure internet connection page (both currently set to 'yes')?

Any help would be great.

Hi mate, when you say you have a vm line it is a payed for line from a server right? You can't get channels on till you've payed for one of these. If you do have one then bees will probably explain where your going wrong mate?

Back