Miraclebox Micro HD Issue with IPTV (Black Screen)

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with this box I'll explain all the steps taken so bare with me.

Brand new box flashed with OpenVIX latest. SD and HD(720) streams work fine no issues. Changing to a FHD channel (1080) it works for around 5-6 minutes then the channel freezes and screen goes black. Restart of GUI does not fix this a FULL restart is required. Happens every time.

So I tried OpenATV - same issue.

Brought it to another network (100mb per second) - same issue.

Really at a loss here surely this box should be capable of streaming 1080 content.

An update - this is far worse on a channel change. So actually selecting a channel from channel list or up or down arrowing to another channel the box will just freeze. If I actually restart the box on the channel i want to watch and just leave it the FHD channel will play with no issues for over an hour (this was the length of time i tested). Then i changed the channel and straight away black screen box frozen reboot required.

Well after more extensive testing on this box here's an update. I can say for sure setting the stream type to gstreamer (4097) is the issue with the box going to a black screen and having to do a full reboot. If I change the stream type to DVB it actually works pretty well for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then the channel will freeze and I will need to channel up or down or change channel to get it to recover. I have a MB premium twin on the same network and same provider i actually used the same account on both boxes (when i say used the same account on both boxes I mean at different times to rule out a provider issue). The premium twin works fine no issues. The micro hd freezes like i said and has to channel change to recover. Really frustrating as there is still over 50% memory available and 100mb of flash storage available. This is on the Vix night default skin ( have tried other skins same problem ). In my opinion there is a fault with a component within the box. Especially giving that I have spoken to another user of a Micro HD Hybrid who can run 1080p stream content without an issue.

Back